Part 10 (Teren Santoro)

I know her. I know who she is. 

"You..." I hiss with venom.

Her pale lips curl into a vicious, malicious smile, baring her extraordinarily white teeth. Feral. Savage. Her blue, blue eyes narrow and I know immediately she is waiting to pounce on me. 

"Ah, the notoriously-known Windwalker. I see we meet again, Dagger." I cover up my shock by feigning arrogance and nonchalance.

She doesn't reply. Instead, her eerie smile expands. Before I can say anything else, I am sent sprawling through the air, helpless. I crash against the wall, and a wave of excruciating pain washes over me. But I have no marks to prove I am feeling pain.

"Where are your little friends, Windwalker?" I continue to taunt, getting up from the dented wall calmly. Once again, she stays silent, but I know plenty well where the rest of the Daggers are. They're somewhere far off, but near enough to sense what is happening. News has it the Messenger has taken over the Reaper's position as leader of the Daggers. If there's anyone who's smart, it's Raffaele. He surely knows by now that I'm invincible. Immortal. So, he's sent Windwalker, the girl who bends wind and the air. Lucent doesn't use weapons or sharp objects, so either ways, she can't cause bruises. She can, however, cause enough pain to knock me out, the least. 

"I know why you've come to Beldain. You've come here to capture the White Wolf yourself, haven't you?" she asks rhetorically.

"And you've come to stop me." 

"Why, yes, yes I have. We will stop you, even if its the last thing we do."

Anger and fury start to surge through me as I spit out, "I am sick and tired of you Daggers always getting in my way! You will pay!" 

It's as if I'm fuelled by resentment when I start towards Lucent, unsheathing a long, sharp sword and aiming for the centre of her chest. Her heart. However, at the last split second, she uses wind to carry herself up. I end up burying my sword in the centre of the hostel's wall. Ripping the weapon out, I turn around , my eyes scanning the room for Lucent. I find her hovering above me with sickeningly sweet smile on her face. I feign a blow to her shin, and she dodges it, but then I grab a knife in a hidden part of my armour and throw it swiftly at her right shoulder. Lucent, despite being agile and nimble, doesn't see it coming. The next thing I know, Lucent is on the floor, clutching her shoulder in pain. 

I walk towards her in slow, intimidating movements. Her eyes flicker up to me in loathe. I grab her left arm and drag her to a corner of the room. Grabbing a rope, I tie it around her. I get a bandana and tie it around her eyes. Lucent is screaming in refusal, thrashing around. That only makes the rope tighter. The only way to shut her up is with a gag. I don't have anything, so I take a sock and stuff it in her mouth. She's choking, crying and inching away from me and closer to the corner. A small part of me feels remorse but is quickly replaced by a feeling of success. I take a sack and throw it on Lucent, tying it shut. She's trapped inside the sack now, and no one can rescue her.

Queen Giulietta will be pleased.

I have set out to capture Adelina, but if I fail to do so, a powerful Elite and a Dagger will do just fine in the illusionist's place.