Chapter 10

Sasuke went home after making the decision to start a new with Naruto and waited in the living room for Naruto to come home but he wasn't sure whether it was a good idea or not. I mean, he hasn't spoken to her in a long time. Wouldn't it be weird that he suddenly started it? We have to start somewhere. Sasuke was starting to chicken out. It was almost close to midnight and she hasn't arrived home yet. Sasuke was feeling tired and upset and worried. Is this how she always feels when I don't come home early? Sasuke can't help but feel guilty. Sasuke shifted and suddenly felt something hard pressed painfully into the skin of his back. He reached behind him and felt for it. His fingers touched a black hard covered A5 sized book that had an elastic that held the book shut. His curiosity got the better of him as he eased off the binding off and flipped to the first page. It was a sort of a sketch book but writing had filled it. The first page had 8 words only. I will always love you and protect you.
Is this a love note? Is Naruto cheating? The illogical part of Sasuke's brain took over and the more he flipped the angrier he gets. There were beautifully written poems and half of them seemed like love poems. Naruto isn't so poetic. She wouldn't have wrote this, someone must have given it to her. Sasuke's eyes narrowed as he heard the door open.
"So you have finally decided to come home?" Sasuke sneered.
"What?"
"I thought you were out with some man." Sasuke spat out coldly. Naruto frowned in confusion and her eyes landed on the book in his lap. How dare he! How dare he open my things! "You! Who said you could open my things?! Have you not hear of such thing as privacy?"
"What? Privacy? I am your husband! I have every right! If I hadn't gone through this, I would be living blindly thinking you actually loved me!"
"What are you talking about?" Naruto asked, confused by what Sasuke was talking about. They seem to be talking about two different things. "This are all love notes from someone. You're having an affair!"
"What?! No! How could you say that?!"
"Enough! I will hear no more! You pathetic liar! I almost wanted to apologise! Guess I was wrong to think you have changed." Sasuke snarled and threw the book onto the ground and turned sharply towards his room and stalked off. What the hell is Sasuke talking about? Affair? Love note? Changed? This isn't making any sense. Did he think those poems were from someone? What the hell? I even wrote my initials in that thing! Naruto took a deep breath in frustration before strolling over to pick up her book and then retiring for the night. Why do you think I am the one who is hurting you? Why can't you think it from my point of view? Am I really such a horrible person?
Sasuke was glaring at her now every time she passed him or he passed her. The glares has been going on for two weeks and they aren't getting any better. Naruto felt like crying. What did she do wrong? Naruto suddenly couldn't take it any longer. She quickly pulled out a backpack, shoved a few clothing and underwear in and her charger before she shouldered the pack. She was about to leave the house when she suddenly decided to write something to Sasuke before leaving.
Sasuke came home to an oddly empty feeling house. The aroma of Naruto's cooking did not hit him and the house was actually dead silent. The air wasn't filled with this noise that makes him feel content, this air around the house just makes him feel uneasy. He found a note taped to his door. Dear Sasuke, I am going to be gone for a day or two. I'll be back soon. Sasuke's stomach was making odd twists. Something's wrong.
Naruto had spent the night in a hotel and today was the second day, almost night time. She was strolling around with her bag when someone clamped a hand over her mouth, holding a cloth to her face. Dammit. Was her last thought before she succumbed into darkness.
Naruto woke up with a start, she tried opening her eyes but felt them brush against some sort of fabric so she stopped, not wishing to irritate her eyes. Her hands were bound above her head, separated but not far. Her legs were bound too. Sh*t, do they know I know martial arts? Or are they just being cautious? The sound of bolts being loosen and the door opening was heard on Naruto's left. "Is our little princess awake?" A man sneered as he raised a hand to stroke the flaw less skin of the heiress. Naruto's jaw clenched slightly at the movement and the man slapped her. Hard. "There. Now that you're wide awake, tell me what you know about the Uchihas."
"What makes you think I know any sh*t about those stuck up bastards?" Naruto hissed, earning her a powerful punch to the stomach. Naruto gasped and started coughing as air left her lungs in an instant. "Don't try and be smart with me. You should know something. You are engaged to one."
"How would you know that?"
"I work at the marriage registry, I did my homework before I kidnapped you."
"Not good enough. You clearly don't know that me and Uchiha is not on very good terms. He hates me." Naruto spat out and it earned her endless powerful punches and kicks. It left her body battered and without a single space left that wasn't covered by bruises or nasty cuts from the man's rings and he would occasionally use a knuckleduster. She was sure a few bones fractured from all the blows. After a while the man left and she was left alone in the darkness. Soon she slipped into unconsciousness, feeling pain in each breath.
This torture continued for who knows how long, the man trying each time to get information but Naruto always had some snide remark to make or she would be keeping her mouth shut. "Why are you protecting him if he hates you?" The man asked as he took a few more swipes at her with a recently sharpened knife. "He hasn't even looked for you, it has been a week since I captured you. He doesn't love you, why are you protecting him and his family?" Naruto felt her heart shatter at that statement. He doesn't love me but I love him.
Naruto shook her head weakly, attempting to make him stop. She knows she's going to die. She can feel it. Her body can't take it any longer, her mind can but her body just can't. She lost a lot of blood and her body was breaking down- suffering broken bones, a punctured lung, internal bleeding, dislocated joints, fractures, the list is so long it's a miracle she can still breathe even if it is barely. If I let go, no one would miss me. Sasuke wouldn't miss me...