Chapter 21

"So, left or right?" Sasuke asked as they got out of the lift. Naruto looked around before pointing to the left. "Ne, Sasuke."
"Yes Hime?" Naruto blushed again but shook her head to try ignore it. Sasuke smirked when he noticed her blush. This was his plan: distract her, keep her away from home as their families decorated the place. "What are we doing today?"
"Shopping."
"That isn't very helpful." Naruto grumbled.
"Duh." Sasuke deadpanned with a bored look, making Naruto roll her eyes. She then pointed for Sasuke to go into the art shop but it was a little cramp so the shop assistant suggested to for Sasuke to just carry her around and she would come over to help whenever she can. The assistant helped Naruto get onto Sasuke's back before pushing the wheelchair into the counter to keep it safe whilst they shop. Sasuke went systematically, knowing that Naruto would point out what she wants along the way and they wouldn't have to go in circles. In the end, Naruto brought a huge load of paint, varying from watercolour to acrylic to oil paints, a few sketchbooks of different sizes, a few different brushes... You know what. The list is so long, I'm not even going to try. Let's just say Sasuke thought she was going to buy the whole shop. Later when they were done, they had to go in turns to the car to bring all of it to the car. But they managed anyways with Naruto staying in the shop to talk to the kind shop assistant and playing with a child that entered the shop with her mother and immediately padded over to her. "I'm so sorry." Her mother apologised but Naruto waved it off as she leaned forward to entertain the child. "What's your name princess?" Naruto asked, making the girl giggle. Then Naruto was in a small childish banter with the child about who was the princess. The girl insisted it was Naruto but Naruto defended her own opinion, saying it was the girl. The shop assistant, the mother and Naruto's bodyguards watched in amusement at their playful remarks. Sasuke arrived to see Naruto with a child sitting on her lap as Naruto subconsciously played with the child's hair while they bantered.  Naruto braided the child's hair into a fishtail braid. Smiling triumphantly at her work, she showed it to the little girl. "See! Only princess have braids!" Naruto said as her hand went into her bag, digging out a small hair accessory that looked like a beautiful crown, carefully draping it onto the girl's hair and securing it. "And a crown." Naruto finished smugly, a smile on her lips. Sasuke nodded a greeting at the mother as he went to stand behind Naruto's wheelchair. The child gave Naruto a hug before climbing down. She stood in front of them, regarding both Sasuke and Naruto. "I know who you are now!" The child exclaimed excitedly with a big grin on her face.
"Oh?" Naruto asked, raising an eyebrow.
"You're Queen! And he is your King!" Their eyes widened in surprise before Naruto smiled. She gestured for the child to come closer, she whispered something making the child giggle as she glanced at Sasuke. She stopped Naruto again when they were about to leave, she took off the ruby she was wearing on her neck and secured it onto Naruto's wrist. "You gave me this and I'll give you that!" The child declared happily. Naruto looked at the expensive looking Ruby before looking at the child's mother, who nodded at her - a signal that she should take it. "Will we meet again?"
"Do you want to?" Naruto asked and the girl nodded eagerly before looking at the mother. "Tell her your school." The mother urged the child and she chirped out the school name before letting Naruto leave after one last hug and a promise that Naruto would see her again. "You're popular."
"That's not called being popu-" Naruto was interrupted by a group of girls screaming in surprise.
"Oh my God! It's her! Omg! Omg! She's so hot!!"
"No way!"
"She's-!"
"It's her!!!!!!! I can't believe my own eyes!!!" The girls gushed as they hurried towards Naruto, her bodyguards tensed to get ready to interfere if things gone bad. Sasuke was confused, utterly confused. Her bodyguard just patted him on the back with a look sent to him, indicating he would figure it out sooner or later. The girls were all squealing over Naruto and asking for a selfie or an autograph. All questioning why she was in a wheelchair. "Stuff happens. Some things happen to change your entire life." Naruto said, Sasuke could detect a faint hint of sadness. The girls all thanked her as they got their selfie and their autograph and left. Sasuke questioned it but Naruto just shook her head before pointing them to the ice cream shop.

"We're home!" Sasuke exclaimed as he pushed Naruto into the house. The sun was already setting and the house was quite dark. Naruto was frowning in confusion, shouldn't Mikoto at least be home? Naruto gripped Sasuke's hand as if trying to reassure herself she was alone. "It's okay." Sasuke whispered as he moved to turn on the lights. The moment the lights were turned on, shouts erupted, surprising Naruto. All of them had screamed happy birthday at her and jumped out from their hiding spots. Naruto's head moved back as she looked around to see that they had entered the right house and all. "What?" To say Naruto was confuse was an understatement. She had checked that it wasn't her birthday for it was only October 8.
"It's your birthday?"
"But it's only October 8." Naruto said, gesturing with her phone. Everyone pointed sent Sasuke a look. "I may or may not have changed the date of your phone so you don't suspect anything?" Sasuke said sheepishly when Naruto had turned to look at him. "Happy birthday!" Sasuke said again. Everyone waited in anticipation for her reaction. She gestured for him to come closer. He leaned in cautiously, stopping at a certain distance. Naruto just gestured again and he started going closer until... "What the hell was that for!" Sasuke asked, rubbing his forehead and everyone burst out laughing. It was Itachi's signature move on Sasuke. While Itachi merely poked his forehead, Naruto had flicked her fingers so her index finger hit his forehead painfully. "Alright everyone! Let's eat!" Mikoto and Kushina both exclaimed, ushering everyone to the dining room. They hadn't invited many: just Naruto's parents, the sabaku siblings and Itachi invited his squad to come, feeling like they would get along well with Naruto. Itachi's friends introduced themselves and true to Itachi's intuitions, they got along well with Naruto.