Chapter 13

"Naruto-chan." Kushina greeted quietly and went straight to hug her girl. "Do I get a turn?" Minato joked. Kushina mocked glared and hugged a little tighter. "No! She's all mine!"
"Then I'll just get the other side." Minato said shuffling over quickly. "Feeling so much love that I can't breathe." Naruto said sarcastically, her voice raspy and laced with a hint of pain. Minato and Kushina released her but Kushina sprawled across her legs, testing to see if she could feel it. "I know mum." Naruto said tiredly as she tried to sit up. "Not enough arm strength." Naruto grumbled and Kurama immediately picked her up gently and his men arranged the pillow so she could lean on it. Kurama set her down and hugged her. "Why are you two standing there so awkwardly! Come here and give your group medic a hug." Naruto said, laughing slightly as she yanked the two men to her. The Sabaku siblings greeted her and hugged her, although Gaara needed some prompting. Naruto smiled at the uchihas. "Naruto." Sasuke croaked out. Kushina and Itachi and Mikoto started ushering the rest out to give the couple some space and privacy.
"I'm so sorry Naruto." Sasuke whispered, dropping to his knees beside her bed. Naruto's hands darted out to try catch him. "It's okay Sasuke."
"No it's not! I accused you! Of everything and they were all not based on any solid evidence!" Sasuke said, emotional, tears cascading down his face. Naruto pulled Sasuke up, admittedly it was weak and he wouldn't have been hauled up if he hadn't moved to comply with her. Naruto wordlessly pulled Sasuke in for a comforting embrace, running her hand through his hair and whispering soothing words to him. "I'm sorry." Sasuke whispered, over and over again, hugging Naruto tighter. "It's okay. Stop crying. Even though you still look hot whilst crying." Naruto said, mumbling the last part but sasuke heard her alright. "So you think I'm hot?" Sasuke teased as he wiped his tears away whilst looking at Naruto with a teasing smirk. She turned bright red and looked down at her fingers, finding them very interesting suddenly. Sasuke waited for her to speak, knowing that she will. "I... At first I thought you were some stuck up spoilt brat but after I got to know you... I found you very nice. You were protective... I sort of liked that. Not like bodyguard protective but protective of how I felt and all. We started spending so much time together and I realized all those time were the happiest moments of my life and... I..." Naruto stopped, looking at anywhere else but Sasuke. He gently grasped her chin to make her look at him. "You what?" Sasuke prompted gently.
"I... I started liking you. More than friends. The way you treated me, it was nice and I would like that again. But-" Naruto tried to choke back her tears but some escaped and ran down her cheeks, leaving a wet trail behind. "Don't cry." Sasuke said, wiping her tears with his thumb, caressing her face. "What is it?"
"You... You wouldn't wanna be with someone crippled and is practically useless-" Naruto was cut off by a soft kiss to her lips.
"You're not useless. I promise I will always, I mean always, take care of you. Whether you are sick, well or feeling down. I will make you feel happy. I will protect you for the rest of my life." Sasuke said, reciting part of their vows during the wedding. "Can we start over again?" Naruto nodded slightly at the question. Sasuke smiled at the cute tilt of Naruto's head. "Then Namikaze-Uzumaki Naruto, will you be my girlfriend?" Naruto nodded and Sasuke looked like he was doing a mental victory dance but he settled and went to get everyone else to come in. He went back to Naruto and reached for her hand and eased off the wedding ring before tucking it safely into a pocket inside his jacket. Naruto put a palm out expectantly and Sasuke dug out his wedding ring and dropped it into her palm. "What was that all about?" Mikoto asked, looking worried. You could tell she was very nervous and worried as she was biting her nails which she never does.
"We are starting over. The rings are for later when we get married again." Sasuke explained, knowing it sounded weird but it totally works.
"Getting married again?" Kankuro questioned, confused.
"Well technically just renewing our vows. You know what Naruto? That's an awesome idea right? Let's get married again." Sasuke said, turning to Naruto who smirked slightly as she nodded.
"Now then, pull out that phone of yours and call the lawyer."
"WHAT?!?!?" Kurama exclaimed.
"Mom. Relax. We said we'd start over so. My dear boyfriend would you mind going to find out when I can be discharged? I am getting bored." Naruto said with a British accent, making it sound more royal-ish. (Well to me it does, anyways.) Sasuke mock bowed and turned sharply out the room. "But, but you just woke up."
"Nah. It's okay."
"It's notttttt." Kushina whined.
"It issssss." Naruto copied Kushina. Sasuke came back with a doctor and as the doctor checked Naruto, she realized something. "How am I going to bath and change and all if I can't stand or walk?" Everyone sort of stopped whatever they were doing and all had a very thoughtful expression on their face as they ran through all the possibilities.
"We, the moms can help with the bathing and changing part. The boys can carry you up and down the stairs and push you around. But ultimately Sasuke has to do almost of it sooner or later. He has to learn how to bath you and dress you." Kushina and Mikoto contributed, both Sasuke and Naruto turned bright red as they looked at each other and looked away quickly. "Awww. The two child are shy!!!!" Kushina cooed. "Get over it child. We can't take care of you every time. Sasuke would be with you 24/7 so he has to be able to help in those tasks."
Naruto looked at Sasuke who suddenly had a look of determination cross his face, probably from remembering his promise of taking care of her no matter what. Naruto nodded awkwardly at Sasuke who realized it was a nod of acceptance. This is going to be a start of something new.
What about my menstruation... Damnnnnn... I think I should just keep quiet about that.... When I get enough strength back in my arms I think I can help myself.