Chapter 11

Sasuke felt like tearing his hair out. Naruto said she would be gone for a day or two but she's gone for one full week! He had voiced his concerns to Itachi who was regarding him with icy eyes. Itachi had started trying to track Naruto down with the help of their father but Itachi still had this aura around him that indicated he was pissed off at the younger Uchiha. "Why are you mad at me?"
"You're asking me why I am mad?" Itachi asked, turning around fully to face Sasuke. Fugaku and Mikoto stopped working, getting ready to break the fight. "You're asking such a ridiculous question? Have you reflected on it? Do you even know why Naruto would suddenly pack up and leave? Without telling her parents at all?" Sasuke frowned as he thought back on the last few conversations he had with her. They had ended very unpleasantly with him accusing her of cheating. "Look at you. You NEVER showed you loved her have you? Just because of some stupid rumour! You believed some stupid rumour about her saying bad things about you behind your back, instead of thinking that your long time bestfriend would never have done that! She! She is so upset but she still stayed by your side. Do you know I arrived at your house on one occasion to see her waiting at the dining table sleeping , for you! She is willing to lose the comfortability of a bed for you and where are you? Out partying and making out with some girl! You don't even care about her enough! Now you're coming to us when you finally realise how important she is!" Itachi ranted and everyone in the house was shell-shocked. Itachi never talked so much, especially never in the span of two minutes. Itachi gave Sasuke one last glare before turning away to do his work. Sasuke stared at nothing before he went up to his room silently and sat down, suddenly feeling the emotions buried deep down inside burst up. He had been neglecting her and unknowingly causing her lots of pain. He had betrayed her but she still stuck with him. He shouldn't have, he shouldn't have accused her without listening to any facts. His accusations were based solely off some notebook he found and it was just poems, nothing else.

Sasuke arrived back at the house he shared with Naruto. It has been almost one and a half weeks since she went missing. The house was feeling very very empty and he realised he had loved the way Naruto could just brighten up the space you're in without even trying. He stood outside her room hesitating. He opened the door and stepped in gently. Her room was neat, everything in order, nothing out of place. He looked around and saw that there were many pictures pinned to a huge board, many of them were her and a selected group of friends. Most of them were her and him together having fun before he decided to believe the rumours. There were little notes that went with it. She had spend time making this board and she placed it in a place she can see and will see everyday. She cherished their time together and still does even though they are somewhat not friends anymore. What did I do?...