I Don't Dance

The night air blew cool as we waiting in line to enter the club. She wore nothing but a red dress and matching heels. The bouncer recognized her and gave me me a threatening glare before noticing I was with her and kindly let me through with my date.

Inside the club the lights danced with the music. People danced and rejoiced in the intoxicating environment. Sooner than later I would be under the influence. As I look over my shoulder she appears with two shots. I down the drink in one gulp. Thus the name.

With a slight burning sensation in my throat and warmth in my belly I am content and eased. She looks at me and says, "dance with me?"

I start to gravitate toward the dance floor setting down my empty glass. I'm a bit buzzed but still conscience enough to keep a balanced one two step. At the moment it's just us. No one else seems to matter anymore. Tonight lust is in every eye in the room.

A few more drinks and time passes us by. Now it's time to go, but I can't go home like this. "You can crash at my place," she offers.

I accepted. Things got hot when back at her place. We kissed against the door trying to get it open. She dropped the keys a few times before pulling me inside unclothing each other, leaving a trail of clothes to the couch then bedroom. Our sweat heated and cooled that night.

I woke up to the smell of breakfast and bird mingling. "Good morning," she says.

It's too early in the morning. I grunt and grab my head. "Crazy night. You had a little too much of the hard stuff," she informs me. I manage to sit up straight with my head down yawning and rubbing my eyes.

A warm tray is placed on my lap delivered with a smile and a soft laugh. "Wow you made me breakfast?"

The food permeates through the air and warms my face to a smile. She nods and tells me the toast is a little burnt but the eggs look fine. I tell her not to worry.

"I hope you like it. Eggs, bread, and milk is all I had in the fridge."