Chapter 5 - Where's Mingyu?

Chapter 5

Rui’s Point of View~

            “Rui, where’s Mingyu?” Shen asking with a puzzled look on his face.

            “She’s just cleaning up. She’ll be back soon.” Reassuring Shen and wondering the same thing as Shen.

After taking care of the kids and putting them to bed, I headed to my little mattress lying on the cold, cement ground. I looked over and noticed Mingyu still wasn’t back. I wonder where she had gone. She should’ve been back by now. It’s been almost three hours.

            The next morning I woke up, I looked to the left of me. Still no Mingyu. What happened to her is all I thought. I quickly got the kids ready for breakfast. I walked up to Jin. Jin was a little older than me. She was short and plump, but really nice. She gets picked on by the guys because she is not on the skinny side. She had pale skin with beautiful long, silky, black hair. She was sent here because her parents had died in a car crash from a drunk driver. Despite everything, I had a secret crush on her.

            “Hey Jin, do you think you can take care of Shen and Hua while I look for Mingyu?” I blushed and quickly looked away.

            “Sure thing, Rui. Yeah, what happened to Mingyu anyways?” Jin smiled. Her smile was warm and made my heart flutter.

            Concerned, I replied “I’m not sure. Last night I told her to take a break while I clean up the kids, but when I woke up this morning, she wasn’t there.”

            “Really? Maybe Yin did something with her. Remember how angry she got when she found out someone broke the faucet in the girls restroom? Maybe Mingyu did it.”

            “That could be a possibility! You’re so smart. I’ll ask around to see if anybody knows where Mingyu went.”         

            “Alright, well good luck on your hunt!”

            “Thanks.” I said sarcastically.

I went into each room searching, but not having any luck.

            “Has anyone seen Mingyu today?” I shouted looking around the room hoping she would be there.

            “I saw her last night. She was in the shower room, but that’s it.” Spoken a soft quiet girl next to me.

            “Really? Okay, thanks for the info!” The girl quicly blushed and ran out of the room. 

            I hurried to the girls shower rooms. Looking to make sure no one was around, I snucked in. Pulling back the curtain, I looked in each shower stall, but there was no sign of Mingyu. Thinking where'd she would be, I quickly left before anyone caught me. 

2 Hours later...

            It was time to do yard work. I headed outside with the rest of the guys. In the background, I could hear some of the guys whispering.

            “I heard a girl got put in punishment last night.” Whispered one of the guys.

            “Really? Who told you?” Questioned another.

            “It's probably the girl who broke the faucet in the girl’s restroom. Yin seemed really mad. My friend told me she saw Mingyu do it. She also said Mingyu hid the faucet in her pocket.” Whispered the first guy.