Prolouge

There I was, infront of the infamous Hotel Cortez. I wonder where my partner is, John Lowe. Trying to find the 10 commandment killer isn't exactly an easy task. We got a creepy call from someone claiming to be the killer, they claimed they were at the Cortez, so here we were.

Anyways enough about work, my name is Daisy Mae, I'm 21 years old. Its usually a bit harder to become a detective when you've barely turned old enough to drink. I was originally an intern in the police department until John found me. He thought I had something special, a knack for this sorta thing. From there on, we started working in cases together and successfully solving them. Thats why he took me with him on this case, it's the most important case of his life, and it's always nice to have a helping hand.

I stepped through the doorway, and a sense came over me. I wasn't a very "spiritual girl, I was detective for Christ sake, but this place had an aura. It wasn't all bad, definitely wasn't good, but it was... enchanting.

It had me in its grasp at that point. No. I'm wrong about that. The Cortez had me long before that. It had me the second I agreed to this case. I just hadn't known it at the time.

(Hey guys so this is my forts story I've ever written so go easy on me and if there are any mistakes on them I'll fix them real soon well I hope you liked it)

(Edited Oct. 27th, 2016)