Chapter 13

Daisy's POV

I sighed, although I'm not sure why. It's not like I need to breathe anymore. But, even if I still needed to inhale and exhale, I'm not sure if I could. I feel as if I'm suffocating, drowning in this horrible sorrow. This rage.

"Another" I tell Liz, and she complies. More and more alcohol. Sometimes, it's almost as if I can feel a slight buzz.

"You know those aren't free, right hun? I know it sucks to die, but I still need the cash, and alcohol doesn't grow on trees" Liz says, and I shrug. "Even if I decided not to pay you, it's not like you could punish me" she raises a brow at my challenge, then smirks.

"No, but I'd never talk to you again" I put a hand over my heart, feigning pain. "You wound me" we have a stare off, but it's short lived as we both start laughing to the point of tears, ending with us attempting to regain composure.

I wipe the last of the tears away, right before tossing a couple fifties on the bar. "Oh honey, this is why I love you" she compliments. I give a small nod, grinning at her. "Right back at ya, Lizzy" we share a few more laughs, than settle into a comfortable silence.

It's almost as if I sense him before seeing him, and I hate myself for that stupid flutter in my heart. "So, Darling, how've you adjusted to being dead?" Then it's like a ray of light shown down from above, and the irritating little butterflies became replaced with blissful rage.

I swiveled in the chair, turning to face his standing, attractive form. Grr, bad thoughts! "How do you think I've been, James?" I almost growled. My eyes were angry, and I practically embodied rage.
He seemed to contemplate it for a moment, his eyebrows scrunching up as he bit his lip.

"Disoriented, dull to feeling?" He said it as a question, and I practically roared with laughter, although there was nothing to laugh about. I can't stand this. I can't exist like this. I hate it. I hate him, but at the same time, I don't. That's what I hate most of all.

"PAIN JAMES" I hopped off the stool, walking up to him, shoving at his chest. "I HATE you! Don't come near me, don't look at me, or talk to me! JUST FUCK OFF! You took my life!" He had a look of... guilt, and panic?

I gave him one last shove, right before trying to storm off, but he grabbed my hair, yanking me back. I cried out a bit, and that's when Liz lost it. She'd been silently observing until that point, but now she was making her presence known.

"THAT'S ENOUGH JAMES!" She roared, and even I flinched a bit, never hearing her so powerful before. "Don't you EVER touch her like that again, or I will kick your ASS, dead or not!" He snarled at her, before smirking. "Try something, and you'll be as dead as she is" he said, right before dropping my hair, and pushing me forward against the bar, wrapping his hand around my throat.

It was as if his ghostly presence was stronger than mine, and he was somehow able to control me like a puppet. "You can't kill me" Liz states, putting a hand on her hip and smirking. "I'm under the Countesses protection" Liz smirked, and it was clear she won this little spat, and James knew it. He was visibly furious. I spit at James feet, before walking away.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

I lay on my bed, my silky black hair pooling around me. My hairs always soft nowadays. I guess there are perks to being dead. No more shaving, or bathing, or doing my makeup. I could shape my makeup and clothing to however I want.

I bet James would love to see em in a red dress.
No! I have to stop these pointless thoughts. They're distracting! I have to find a purpose, and lingering on him is distracting me!

I heard a noise from the corner of the room and bolted upright, my head whipping towards the sound. It was him.

"Hello, Daisy" James smiled, and I glared at him.
"I thought I told you to stay away" I spat, but he just shrugged nonchalantly. "Neither you, or cleopatra will ever tell me what to do" he smirks devilishly, whereas I just glared.

I got up off the bed, heading for the door, when I'm suddenly hit by a train. Or not a train... but James. He's pinning my wrists above my head, his body pressed against pleasant places... That failed to extinguish my anger and fear against James, for he still terrified me.

He moved one of his hands down to my hip, clutching it rough, but yet somehow perfectly. I snarled at him angrily, but couldn't resist leaning forward as much as he allowed to claim his mouth. We were a tangle of taste, and sweat, biting and nipping in sensitive places.

I wrapped my legs around him, dragging my nails down his back. "Have you ever had angry sex?" He growled lowly in my ear. "No" I hissed. "Now stop running your mouth and fuck me" I growled, claiming his mouth with mine once more.

My wrists escape James grasp, and I uncoil myself, then my hands move to automatically unbutton his shirt. They then go to his belt. He quickly grabs my arms again, and I huff in frustration. "No, this is my night" he purrs, but not like a kitten. No, it's an animalistic purr, one that speaks of silent promises. Promises of pleasure, and pain.

He lifts the edge of my shirt, running his thumbs over my smooth skin, caressing it.
He then rips it off, hiking me ups so I can wrap my legs around his strong hips. He was muscular, and his skin was smooth, his abs iron.

He was truly magnificent. I yanked at his hair as he carried us to the bed. He sat me down on the edge, peeling away the fabric that seemed to confine my body more than protect it at the moment. First my shirt, then my jeans, until I'm left in midnight blue laced bra and underwear.

James crouches over my body, taking me in with his gaze, teasingly slow. It was painstaking, waiting for him. He unclasps my bra, gazing at me. "You're so damn beautiful" he whispers, nipping in the most sensational places.

He then lowers my panties, leaving me completely bare. James mouth descends onto my core, licking and flicking, bringing me to the edge, but not all the way. "J-James" I pant, breathless.

"Not yet, darling" he whispers huskily. He tosses aside his pants, before sliding inside me.
He starts slow, before steadily increasing his speed. I nip at his shoulders, chest, back up to his collarbone. I trace his jaw with little kisses, claim his mouth with mine, all while we move our hips at the same time.

A series of gasps, groans, and moans follow. They're accompanied with a few "harder"'s and "faster"'s on my part, and a few curses on his, before climaxing at the same time. By the end of it, I'm aware of the gravity of my decision to sleep with him, and he's smoking a cigar. Why am I not surprised?

-<3-<3-<3-<3

Hey guys, it's StrawberryGusher, Ahshotel098's cowriter, and I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I wrote this chapter, and I hope you liked the way I made it. Thank you. ❤️