Chapter 7

When I reached to room 64 I stood there for a while preparing myself before I knocked. It took like 15 minutes to finally get the courage and knock on the door.

"Oh darling hello come in, mr.march will be here any minute now he's just getting ready" said ms.evers as she opens the door.

"In the meantime you can wait for him at the dinner table" she said as she took me toward the table "wow it's really nice" i said

"Yes he went wanted this dinner to be special so he decorated the table on his own" "oh please stop, your embarrassing me ms.ever" said the voice that I've waited to here all evening.

"Ms. Mae you look beautiful" "why thank you James you look good to" I said with a blush on my face."well ms.evers you can go ahead and bring out dinner"

"Yes right away mr.march" she said scurrying off to bring out dinner. "Ms. Mae if I may say you look extraordinary" "thank you James but you can call me Daisy"

"Oh no I never call a lady by her first name on the first date it's very rude" "you know I don't mind. And if I'm calling you right now James I'm being rude?"

"Well I do like being called James it makes me feel younger" "well ms.mae makes me feel old" I said with a hint of sassiness in my voice

"All right my apologies" he said with a defined time in his voice "why thank you sir" I said looking at him as he pushes my chair back so I could sit down.

When we sat down ms.evers came out with the food in a little cart. "Ms.evers could you bring us a bottle of our finest Chardonnay" "absolutely sir I'll bring it now" "excellent"

"So Daisy tell me about your self" "well I'm still in collage studying for my doctors degree and i love netflix" I said with a small laugh at my fake life story.

I wanted to tell him the truth but I couldn't risk getting my cover blown. I trusted him a lot and I knew he wouldn't do anything if I ever told him but I couldn't risk.

"A doctor? That's impressive, but tell me why did you check on with the detective? Are you lovers or something?" He said with a hint of sadness in his voice.

I almost chocked on my wine and started laughing, he sat there with a confused look on his face " John isn't my boyfriend he is my cousin I was just here biding him but since he had troubles with his wife he decided we stayed here"

" enough about me James, tell me more about yourself I know nothing about you" I ask a little curious as to why he never told me anything about himself

He tensed a bit but still answered "well there's really not much to say about me" "oh come on there must be something" I said desperate to know more about him

"Tell me about the hotel. When did you inherited" he looked at me confused like I just told him something stupid "what do you mean inherited?"

"Well you know, this hotel is more than 80 years, was it your grandfathers or did you buy it?"