chapter 7

Cherry kept messaging her sister, but for some reason, kept getting the same response like it was an automatic response. "Terry, what are you doing...?" she mumbled to herself, getting the 'see you soon' text for the fifth time now.

"Whatever she's doing has got to be interrupted somehow." Atticus said.

"But what...?" Cherry sighed.

"Guys, you won't believe this, but we found some kind of help," Arnold came to them. "Someone just called and gave us a plan to overthrow Sheck."

"Cool, so what's the plan?" Patch asked.

"The plan is we find Nick Vermicelli," Arnold started to explain, the plan sounded very long as it went on and in fact, it was. "Then we spy on him, until we find out where he's hiding the key to the safe deposit box. Then we steal the key, go at FTI, sneak in, and get the document put of safe deposit box. Then, we evade the security guards, and if we make that far all we have to do is head up town, find the mayor, and deliver the document, so she can declare the neighborhood a national landmark and stop the bulldozers."

"That's a long plan." Gerald said.

"I know, but we gotta do it if we're gonna save the neighborhood and we're gonna need some special equipment." Arnold said.

"All this may sound crazy, guys, but I've heard of this girl, Bridget, who lives across town, kind of an equipment specialist." Gerald suggested.

"Bridget? That's my cousin twice-removed." Atticus said, recognizing that name.

"Really?" Gerald asked. "You sure it's not a coincidence?"

"She does special work..." Atticus suggested.

"I have an address, we can go see her in the morning." Gerald offered.

"Perfect." Patch smiled.

Arnold and Gerald then went to go to bed for the night.

"Cousin?" Cherry glanced to Atticus about his connection to the aforementioned Bridget.

"Yeah, sorry, I don't really mention her a lot." Atticus said.

"This is the first time I've heard of her..." Cherry replied.

They just shrugged it off and went to bed, they were running out of time and Bridget was their last hope.

The next morning, they went down to the piers together to find Bridget and tell her why they needed her help. Cherry got the same message and just sighed, feeling maybe her sister didn't like her anymore.

"Are you sure this is the right place?" Arnold asked his best friend.

"It's the address Fuzzy Slippers gave me..." Gerald replied, looking at his paper.

"I don't know if I trust anyone named 'Fuzzy Slippers'..." Cherry mumbled.

"But how do you know if she'll help us?" Arnold asked.

"Because that's what Bridget does Arnold, she helps people," Gerald insisted. "I mean, that's how the legend goes."

They came to a door at the end of the dock.

"Maybe she's not home." Arnold shrugged.

Gerald saw a button that had explicit instruction to not touch it. "What's this button?"

"Don't touch that!" Cherry grabbed his arm. "Don't ever touch that!"

"Yeah, don't touch the button." Atticus added in.

"Well, come on, what could happen?" Gerald shrugged, pushing the button anyway.

Suddenly, they were all trapped in a net and lifted to a window above them. There were two shadow figures in front of them and the first one came out, with long, wavy scarlet hair with a beauty mark on her cheek.