chapter 11

But to their surprise, Arnold, Gerald, Helga, Atticus, Cherry, and Patch came out of the bus alive.

"I got it!" Arnold emerged first. "I got the tape!"

"Oh, that's wonderful, Arnold!" Grandpa smiled to his grandson, then looked curious and confused. "What tape?"

"The tape that'll prove this neighborhood is a national historic landmark and can never be destroyed," Arnold explained. "All I need is a VCR, and I can show you."

"We're way a head of you, Arnold." Bridget's and Teresa's voices said.

"Bridget? Teresa?" Atticus and Cherry said, confused, not seeing them anywhere.

"Up here."

They all looked up and saw the two females up on a roof top at the base of the Sheckvision screen with a VCR in their hands.

"Tape them." the TV reporter suggested.

Bridget and Teresa used ropes with hooks to get themselves down, amazing the crowd with their stunts and bravery.

"Who do they think they are anyway, Catwoman?" Helga scoffed.

Teresa gave the VCR to Arnold and he happily put the video tape in it. The others then saw the video of Sheck burning the document and the title and subject matter of the document was visible so the others could see why it was such a big deal.

'Sheck is busted now.' Patch thought to himself with a smile.

"Oh, my word... That's enough for me..." Mayor Dixie commented, then looked to the camera. "As your mayor, I reclaim this entire neighborhood as a national historic landmark never to be torn down."

This made everybody cheer in victory. Teresa and Cherry shared a comforting hug with each other for the victory.

Sheck had finally arrived and glared to his men. "It's after 7:00, what are you idiots waiting for? Knock it down!"

The workers had enough with Sheck and pointed angrily at the screen to show they weren't going to take him anymore.

'Oh, he's in trouble now.' Patch thought to himself with a smirk.

"It's that lying crook, Sheck!" Grandpa called. "Come on! Let's get the car!"

Sheck actually backed away and tried to make his escape in his car and tried to drive away, but the kids and puppy were in front of him. Grandma smirked evilly and showed that she had removed his tires. Policemen made Sheck leave his car and handcuffed him to take him straight to jail.

"He's going to be in jail for a long, long time." Atticus told his cousin.

"You got that right." Bridget agreed with a smirk.

"I would've gotten away with it if it wasn't for that meddling football head, the kid with the weird stack of hair, that girl with the fangs, the boy with powers like a Greek god, that spotted mutt, and that brat with one eyebrow!" Sheck yelled out in defense.

"Tell it to the judge, you big donut hole!" Helga scoffed, slamming the prison van doors shut on him.

"Yeah, tell it to your cellmate in Folsom!" a man with graying brown hair added, standing next to Helga.

"I feel like we're missing someone." Patch said.

"Yeah, but who?" Cherry rubbed the back of her neck.

Nick was trying to run away, once Atticus and Patch saw him, they were about to go and pummel him, but the man known as Big Bob had other plans for him and hit him hard in the face.