Chapter 10

Taylor sighed as she glanced around the room. Unsurprisingly, it was a total mess; half-empty bottles, shot glasses, red cups, paper plates and a few broken bottles adorned the blonde's apartment. Furniture had been moved around and at one point a table had even been flipped. Everyone had left a while ago, it was almost 4am and Ed was asleep in his room. Taylor herself had tried to sleep, but the thought of the clutter outside her room had kept her up.

Taylor quickly made her way to the kitchen and opened a cabinet, ejecting a roll of black plastic bags. She connected her phone to the speaker, music playing in the background as she began to clean the mess left behind. She was halfway done with the kitchen when someone knocked on her door.

She curiously glanced at the clock, wondering who it could be, before walking towards the front door. As soon as Taylor opened the door, she was met by a sheepish, if slightly relieved smile.

"Hey! You're awake," Karlie said excitedly.

Taylor simply tilted her head in confusion, unsure of why the younger girl was standing at her door.

"I think I forgot my keys here," Karlie explained once noticing Taylor's stare, "Well, at least I hope I forgot them here 'cause I've already looked everywhere else."

Taylor gave Karlie a slight smile as she allowed her into her apartment. "Well, you are welcomed to look around. Good luck finding them."

Karlie's eyes widened as she took in the room. "Wow... How did this happen? I don't remember it being this bad when I left."

Taylor shrugged and simply watched as Karlie slowly made her way around the living room. Karlie narrowed her eyes before bending over, picking up a small black piece of fabric.

"A bra?" She raised an eyebrow as she glanced in Taylor's direction.

"We played strip poker, that's Gigi's." Taylor explained before a smug smile took over her features. "I won."

"You're good at poker?" Karlie wondered as she let the piece of clothing fall back on the ground.

"I am when my competitors are drunk."

"Ah," Karlie nodded, understanding.

"I cheated my way through most of the game. At one point I was putting clothes back on."

"And they didn't notice?" Karlie asked in disbelieve.

Taylor's smug smile grew as she remembered her earlier tactics. "Nope."

The younger girl bended over laughing, the mental image of Taylor putting on clothes during a game of strip poker too hilarious not to laugh at. As she looked back at the blonde, she realized she was now laughing as well— leaning against the wall, her head turned to the side. It occurred to her then that this was the loudest she had ever heard Taylor laugh, or had even seen her truly smile for that matter. Her laughs were usually quiet and short, her smiles subdued.

"You should smile more often," Karlie blurted out her thoughts before she could stop herself. She regretted it immediately as she watched Taylor instantly compose herself, her usual smile returning.

Karlie sighed, and looked around the room once more before coming up with an idea. "I'll be right back," she informed Taylor smiling before leaving the apartment.

Taylor watched the door Karlie had just left through curiously for a minute before shaking her head and returning to the kitchen. She had made some progress cleaning when she heard the front door open and close. It wasn't long before the younger girl came through the kitchen door.