Chapter 14

Despite her better judgement, in the week that followed Taylor found herself ending in bed with Karlie almost every night. It's not like she intended it to happen, it just did. She would be worried that they were getting dangerously close to something resembling a relationship (even just monogamy) if it weren't for the fact that one night she grabbed Karlie's ringing phone thinking it was hers and was met with a picture of a smiling Karlie next to a good looking guy who Taylor assumed was Josh based on the contact information. The sight brought her a sense of relieve, if only because Karlie still being with Josh meant she only thought of Taylor as a fuck and nothing else, however, it also ignited a fire in her she couldn't quite recognize (or refused to admit knowledge of). When Karlie had come back into the room, Taylor released a feral snarl and wasted no time to pin her against the bed, bringing her to the edge then pulling back for what felt like hours before she granted the poor girl her release after countless amount of begging. As soon as Karlie came, she passed out, bringing a cocky smile to Taylor's lips. I'd like to see Josh do that.

Aside from Karlie, the other thing keeping her up at night was her impending visit to her parents'. She was now a week closer to seeing them and she was sure the anxiety would kill her, not that she would mind, it seemed like a more pleasant option at this point.

The only thing in her life that seemed to be going according to plan was work. Most of the businesses she was investing in were doing quite well, and her own label, Swift Records, was thriving. Taylor had just added two new artist to her roster, and her need to keep all business in-house had compelled her to start her own management company, which would be opening within the month. She had even begun to consider opening a new Swift Records building in New York.

Taylor took much comfort in this, even if her personal life had become a bit of a shit show (sleeping with a girl who had a boyfriend, getting ready to visit her homophobic parents for the first time in years), at least her professional life was doing better than ever.

There was a soft knock on the door followed by the appearance of Taylor's secretary.

"Miss Delevingne has arrived for her meeting," Ms. May informed her as she placed a fresh cup of coffee on Taylor's desk, taking the old one.

"Thank you, have her come in," Taylor said before taking sip from her black coffee. Ms. May simply nodded and left the room.

Cara Delevingne was an artist she was currently trying to sign. She had sent over a demo CD with just her name and number, when she heard her voice over that soft strumming guitar she knew she had to sign her. She wasted no time getting her secretary to call her to set up an appointment, worried another label might snatch her if she didn't act quickly.

Taylor got up from her desk, getting ready to greet Cara. When she finally came in, instead of the introduction and handshake she had prepared her body for, she simply froze, feeling very much like a deer caught in headlines. Cara mirroring her reaction.

Shit.

And just when she thought her professional life was actually going well.

***

Once Taylor was left alone in her office, she couldn't help but thank whatever higher being existed that took pity on her. Despite their initial shock, their meeting had gone smoothly. Cara had been the first to acknowledge the elephant in the room, making some crude joke before they decided to leave all that behind. They were adults after all. So they had a threesome that one time. Big deal.

By the end Taylor was even able to convince Cara to sign with them, not that she need much convincing. She had admitted that Taylor's label was actually her first choice, since she had heard so much good things about it.