Chapter 3

~Ayeonna~

Jayden was pulling up into his parking spot when I was about to open my Mercedes door.

It was damn near eight in the morning, and his passenger side window was broken out.

What the hell could've happened last night?

"Where you goin'," he asked me, hopping out of his luxury car. "Baby I thought we were spending the entire weekend together."

"I know," I playfully whined. "You can't place child birth on a clock, babe."

"Tell it to stay in there! We got a baby of our own to make!" I watched him walk over to me, and slip his arms around my waist, then gently kissed my cheek.

"I thought you were gon' put me to sleep," he grumbled, staring down at me through bedroom eyes.

"Stop it," I giggled. "What the hell happened to your window?"

"My bartender broke it." "Which one?"

"Tonya."

"Why?"

"Baby, that is niether here nor over that way and shit. You gettin' off subject that you suppose to be stayin' with ya' man all weekend."

"Jayden, you work during our times together, but I can't?"

"I didn't say that, I'm just sayin' I want my Yonna to myself." Then he gave me that damn sad face I could never resist.

"James gon' step in for me at the club tonight, and Maurice gon' bounce between spots. Babe, come on. You start your period in two weeks. You know how much we could get in by then?" I pulled back from him and eyed him.

"You're still keeping up with my periods? Who in the hell does that?"

"A crazy ass man who's really itchin' to have a baby with the love of his life, that's who."

"You are very crazy for that," I giggled. "I got to go. I promise I'll call and keep in touch. You know these things may take a half a day or so."

"I hope it don't take long for us to get one out of you."

"You know," I hummed. "Some times I think you want me just so we can make a baby."

"Maybe," he joked, winking at me.

"Whatever," I laughed, as he opened my car door for me to slide in. "I'll call you."

"Do that," he pouted, then blew me a pitiful kiss.

Upon my arrival, I learned that my patient was in an emergency C-Section, and I still had to be there, so this would be a breeze.

Luckily, this one survived, and she was a healthy baby girl, born to a fifteen year old mother, no father, but plenty of family on her side to support her.

Things like this really warmed my heart. Just seeing the new born being passed around in so many arms, after recovery, made me wonder what my time would be like when it came for me and Jayden to have ours.