Chapter 7

~Jayden ~

Tonya sent me a text saying she couldn't wait until we had our dinner tonight, because gonig over books at the club was really stressing her out.

Only two weeks of me being with this woman made me feel like I should be the one with rolled up sleeves there, in that office, instead of her.

Yet she assured me that this is how we've always done it. I'd be at the bar when we were short, or greeting club goers at the front door.

Go figure. By the time I had finished dressing in my white short sleeve button down, and closed black vest, my babe came trotting into our bedroom with her ruby red pumps clanking on the floor.

She knew just the sound of them made me imagine her body being wrapped in my arms, naked, only wearing those heels. She was trying her best not to leave this house.

"What a damn day," she huffed, giving me a kiss I had been craving for all day.

Her skinny arms wrapped around my neck, with her plump breast pressing against my chest.

"I've missed you," she whispered, wiping her red lipstick away from my lips with her thumb.

"You have no idea how much I've missed you too," I grumbled, leaning into her for another kiss. She stopped me, eyeing me.

"How was your day?"

"Boring as hell," I exclaimed, rolling my eyes.

"Is this all I've done for the past few years, just stay at home?"

"No, baby. You use to work your ass off when the club first started, but you hired me to manage it a couple of years ago. So now you only go on Saturdays."

"That's good. At least I won't be cooped up tomorrow."

"Enough about work, daddy, let's go to dinner."

"Where are we going," I saked her, watching her go over to our closet to pull down a different pair of heels.

"We're going to this new restaurant called PJ's, downtown," she explained, peeling off her six hundred dollar shoes.

"I heard a doctor owns it, so I know he keeps the staff, and the food clean."

"Do we ever go to my friends' places?"

"All the time," she smiled, stepping into her new heels.

"We've just been busy lately. It's been hard for us to even spend time together."

"As much as you say James and me are close, it doesn't seem like it. He doesn't answer my calls, or even return my texts."

"Baby, there are some dark secrets in your pasts," she sighed.

"I'd rather not speak on it right now. I just want to get out there with my love bug, and eat a nice dinner." I faintly smiled at her, pecking her lips as soon as she was close enough.

Tonight, I drove my Benz, the one that matched hers, and felt great doing it. She rested her head on my arm, after letting the arm rest up, and snuggled close to me. The way my fiance smelled could drive a man crazy.