Chapter 2: Entering the Ruins

"What a vile creature, torturing such a poor innocent youth. Do not be afraid my child. I am Toriel, caretaker of the ruins."
Haruhi looked up at the strange woman. She looked very... Goat like. Haruhi decided not to question it, given as she's seen a murderous talking flower. The woman, who called herself 'Toriel', beckoned Haruhi to follow her through a large door. 'Ah.' Haruhi thought, 'So that's why the doors are so large.' Haruhi decided since there was no where else to go, she would follow the woman. When she entered the door she was greeted by a tiny stairwell that lead to... Another door. However, seeing this place, and its homey feeling, filled Haruhi with a pleasant feeling. A feeling that made her want to continue on, no matter the odds. Haruhi thought, and dubbed this feeling determination. Toriel had already gone into what Haruhi assumed was the ruins.
"Here in The Ruins, there are many puzzles that need to be solved to advance. Please adjust yourself to the sight of them."
'Puzzles, huh? I never really was good at those.' Haruhi thought to herself. They continued through the ruins, solving some quite easy puzzles, until Toriel stopped and said,
"Now, I have an important task for you. Please walk to the end of this room by yourself."
Haruhi raised an eyebrow but gave in to Toriel's request. When she finished the 'important task', Toriel explained that she had to go run some errands, and that she would have to leave Haruhi behind for a while. She gave Haruhi a cellphone, and told her to stay put. Haruhi agreed to this and sat down to wait. It seemed like she was waiting forever. Eventually, Haruhi got sick of waiting, and continued forward.