Chapter 9: Dogs and Skeletons and Snow, oh my!

Haruhi was still confused after a puzzle from Sans that wasn't even a puzzle at all. She was contemplating the difficulty level between Junior Jumble and Crosswords when she came up upon a pleasant suprise: a plate of spaghetti, a microwave, and a note from Papyrus. Giggling at it, Haruhi attempted to pick up the plate, but it was frozen to the table. She decided to leave it for the mouse, knowing it would get it someday. With her determination refreshed anew, Haruhi promptly continued on her way. Glancing around, the clearing she came upon seemed empty, besides a sign that warned of "dog marriage". However, when she attempted to move on, two dogs sprung from the shadows and advanced on her. They wore black executioner's hoods, and intimidated Haruhi to no end. But, to her suprise, all they did was sniff her.

"Heyyyyy... This spot smells funny. Almost like a human." Said the one on the right.

"Well if it IS a human, we gotta exterminate it!" replied the one on the left.

The two dogs suddenly pounced, but instead of cutting her into itty bitty pieces with their huge axes, they crossed them at the hilt in front of eachother.
Haruhi noticed that they were very focused on her smell.

'Maybe if I roll around in the snow,' Haruhi thought, 'they'll leave me alone!'

Haruhi cringed at the thought of dirtying her uniform, but it was a necessary sacrifice.

'Sorry, Kyoya!'

She dropped to the ground and rolled like her life depended on it. (and as far as she knew, it did!) The dogs looked intrested, and Haruhi held still so she could be sniffed once more.

"Eh? This spot smells like a puppy!" said the one on the left.

"Are you lost, little puppy?" said the one on the right.

They looked pretty friendly, and Haruhi really liked dogs, and, despite her efforts to resist the urge, she reached up and petted the one on the left.

"The puppy just... Petted me!" stammered the one on the left.

"A dog that pets other dogs? Amazing!" awed the one on the right.

Haruhi giggled and petted the other one as well. They both stared at her, awestruck.

"Thank you for enlightening us, lost puppy!" they said in unison.

As the left, she waved goodbye. A little part of her hoped she'd see them again.