eight

"It's too early to be functioning." Dinah groaned and placed her bag down near the wall that was one big mirror.

"It's not early, you just went to sleep late." Lauren placed her bag next to Dinah's. "That means that you haven't had enough sleep and feel like it's earlier than it is."

"I know stupid."

"I'm not stupid. For your information, I'm very smart." Lauren said.

"As smart as my clothes is." Normani snickered when Lauren glared at her.

"Fuck you."

"Ladies, ladies! Let's be civil." A man walked into the room and hugged the girls one by one. "And you must be Anna." He put his hand out for me to shake. "I'm Sean."

"Nice to meet you." I shook his hand and smiled gently.

"So as management probably already told you, we're gonna be rehearsing for the ball. Well-"

"Hold up, ball?" Ally questioned.

"Why am I not surprised they didn't tell you guys?" He chuckled. "There's this gala in a couple of weeks. A fundraiser or something. Anyways, as I was saying, Normani and Anna are going to dance there. So we have to plan that."

Normani looked at me and raised an eyebrow. "What?" I asked her.

"You know how to dance?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah." I giggled. "I took a few years in ballroom."

"Aye, so you should be a natural." Sean high fived me. "I've already planned the choreography. All you two need to do is learn it."

"We're still here. What are we supposed to do?" Dinah asked.

"You either practice the current choreography or you can dance at the gala too."

"Nope, this dance is already complicated enough. I'll just trip over my dress." Camila shook her head.

"I'm with Mila on this one." Ally said and the other girls agreed.

"Okay, just relax and I'll switch between. I'll just get Normani and Anna started then I'll be with you." He turned back to us with his hand in his pocket. "Normani, heads or tails?"

"Heads." She said as he threw the coin in the air.

"Tails. Anna, you'll be the female position." He then looked at Normani. "You okay with being the 'male'?"

"Is it any different from the female position?" She asked.

"Yeah." I laughed. "I don't think I've ever been good at leading to be honest." Her eyes studied me as I turned towards her. "So do you think you can be in control?"

She chuckled and pushed me a little. "I guess we'll see."

"Okay, I'm gonna start by showing you the steps individually then you can practice them. When you've gotten the hang of it, you can try it together."

Normani and I nodded and he stepped in between us and the mirror.

"Anna, this is you, you ready?"

I nodded and focused on Sean, trying to memorize the movements he was making.

----

After a couple of hours, our skin was coated in sweat.

Well, mine and Normani's. The girls were currently packing to leave.

"Sucks to suck guys." Lauren laughed. "We'll see you at home." And then they left.

"Guys, you almost got it down." Sean said and clapped his hands together.