sixteen

"Can I think about it?" I spoke into the phone.

"Sure but remember, it's all paid for. Think of it like a free vacation." Simon's voice rang through.

"I know, I just have to think about it."

He sighed on the other end. "You have until the end of the week."

I rolled my eyes. "Alright. I'll see you at the meeting then."

He then hung up.

I groaned then threw my phone on the bed, changing into my running clothes. I jogged down the stairs and met Camila in the kitchen where she was eating cereal.

"You going out?" She spoke with her mouth full.

"Just going out for a run." I said as I put a couple of more water bottles in the fridge for when I come back.

"Honestly you make all of us look so bad." Camila said as she placed her bowl in the sink.

"I wouldn't if you guys would exercise with me." I placed my headphones in my ears. "I wont be long." Then I headed out the door.

The weather was nice. I don't think it ever got freezing cold in L.A. but it was pretty warm for October.

I didn't know how long I ran for. I just stopped when my phone rang. I slowed down to a jog and turned off my music and answered the phone.

"Hey mom." I said out of breath.

"Hey sweetie." My mom answered. "Everything okay?"

"Yeah, just out running." I told her as I started walking back, wiping away the sweat on my forehead.

"Don't let yourself get cold."

"Mom, it's unbelievably hot. Don't worry." I laughed slightly. "Was there anything you wanted to talk about?"

"Can't a mother call her own child without having a reason to?"

"Of course you can, it's always good to hear your voice." I smiled. "I miss you."

"I miss you too." I could hear she was smiling too. "I just wanted to tell you that the photoshoot pictures look great. You two look really good together."

I felt heat rise up my neck. "You know it's all for show."

"I know, I know. I'm just sayin'" She defended.

I sighed. "They want to send me to Iceland."

"They who?"

"Management." I spoke up as I saw my house come into view. "During the New Years."

"That sounds expensive." She said as I sat down on the steps in front of the house, not bothering to go inside yet.

"Simon said all inclusive."

"Have you agreed?"

"No."

"What's the matter with you child?" She said. "A free trip to Iceland. If you're not going, I am."

I rolled my eyes. "But I always spend the New Years at home."

"You'll spend Thanksgiving and Christmas here. And if you want I'll come visit and we can fly home together. Normani, this is a great opportunity. Maybe Anna can show you around or something."

"That'd be great. And they're only offering because of her." I furrowed my eyebrows when I saw a taxi pull up. "She's going for the holidays."

"For Thanksgiving too?" She asked and I smiled as Anna stepped out of the taxi and rushed over to me.