Prologue

~Sadie's POV~

The dog snarls and inches closer, it's teeth bared and drool dripping off of its muzzle. I backed up, my black converse scratching against the pavement. The dog lunged forward and I gasped, stumbling back and hitting a cold brick wall.

- one hour later -

Tears streamed down my face as I slowly and painfully limped up my driveway. Blood still dripping from my leg when I shakily turned the door knob and practically collapses into my house. The soft carpet cushioning my fall.

The events that had happened so recently replayed in my mind. The dog. The snarl. The lunge. The wall. The bite. The ripping. The limping. The pain, pain, pain. That dog. Dog, dog, dog.

~Tyler's POV~

I took a deep breath and handed the lady my ticket. Just outside the window you could see the plane. That huge, massive plane. A death trap. A big aluminum can that flew. In the sky. Where it could crash any moment.

The lady smiled at me and handed back my passport. I smile at her weakly and trudge forward slowly, like if I walked slow enough I could miss the plane and say I was almost on time. No such luck.

I walked down the crammed aisle, looking for CJ7. The air was stuffy, I could already smell the sweat of my neighbour. It wasn't exactly the plane that made me nervous, more like the fact that we were going to be in the air. If we fell... dead. Everyone dead.

I sat down and put my head phones on, waiting for the anxiously awaited departure. I crossed my fingers, shut my eyes, and counted down from ten.

-one hour later-

"Ladies and gentleman, if you can please put on your seatbelt the captain has turned on the seatbelt sign" The lady said into the intercom. My eyes darted around, watching people click their small silver buckles into place. Mine was already done up, I was not taking any chances.

My shoes were interesting... Their black laces crisscrossing through the metal lined holes on the sides of the tongue. Their meshed sides printed with a check for Nike and rubber soles that supposedly helped your feet. Yeah, maybe I was just analyzing my shoes to distract myself from the turbulence but it worked. Suddenly there was a jolt.

I'm only 19, im so young. 19,19,19,19,19,19. I repeat in my head, gripping the arms of my seat. My knuckles turn white but I pay no attention to them, only to the popping in my ears, meaning were descending.

"Ladies and Gentleman, please stay calm and reach under your seat for you personal flotation device, the pilot will be making as smooth as a landing as possible on water and we will be exiting calmly onto the emergency rafts" The lady calls out again.

I whip my head up, my pure black hair moving infront of my eyes. I brush it back and my thin, long fingers fumble under my seat for my life jacket. Finally, they snag it and I quickly place it around my neck and inflate it.

Outside I could see flames. Flames and Water. Flames... Water... Flames? Water? My mind was going crazy, my ears hurt like hell and my heart was pounding, making it feel like it was going to rip out of my chest.

Suddenly there was impact. The light flickers and people screamed. They screamed even more. I sat there, paralyzed. My eyes looked straight ahead, my hands gripped my seat and my knees were buckled together. Slowly the ladies rounded people up and pushed us out onto rafts. Big, floating death boats.