Long Time No See

~Tyler's POV~

I wander through different shops, not really paying attention. A few people run into me and I mumble sorry before continuing through the shop.

"Tyler?" someone says from behind me. I spin around and come face to face with a girl around my age.

"Thats me. Can I help you?" I ask, already becoming annoyed.

"Um, Charlie. I'm Charlie. We worked together a couple years back."
She, Charlie, says nervously. I bite my lip, I don't remember her, I forget where I worked I forget it all.

" You, you don't remember, do you?" she asks rhetorically. I slowly shake my head, a small frown forming on my lips.

"Sorry, but I guess it's nice to meet you. Again" I say with a dry laugh. She smiles weakly and for the next few seconds the air is filled with awkward silence.

I finally extend my hand towards her. Like we're meeting all over again, which we basically are.

"Uh, Hi, I'm Tyler" I say nervously, hoping she catches on to what I'm doing. I mean, she's beautiful, and she says she knows me so why not? This could end well for me.

Charlie laughs softly and shakes my hand. Her hand is small but soft and grip is firm. I smile inwardly, I already like this girl.

"Nice to meet you Tyler, I'm Charlie. You go to school around here" She asks with a small wink, a small smile lighting up her face.

"Yeah, I'm in the visual arts program. You?" I ask. For me, this is all new. I really am interested in all of this.

"I'm in the general sciences program and have a job at the local labs." Charlie tells me, her voice shaking once she reaches the part about the lab. I wonder what's wrong...

"Hey, uh, why don't we go get coffee. It'd probably be better then standing in some shop." I say, trying to lighten the mood. I look around, random shirts here and there.

Charlie nods, her smile gone. She turns and heads towards the door. I follow.

~Charlie's POV~

I walk out of the store, knowing Tyler is right behind me. I feel so bad, Flirting with someone just days after I attack my girlfriend. She's probably my Ex girlfriend now. I wonder how she is... Poor Sadie. I just want to tell her how sorry I am.

I had to do it, I had to. She has the virus. It's not my fault and now, I have reason to believe Tyler has the virus too.

What's going to happen? Who's going to get it? Is it bad? No one knows. I wish I did.