L.A.

"Excuse me?" She felt someone tap against her.

"AHHH!" She gave off a high pitched scream, and jumped up off the park bench.

"It's okay, it's alright. I'm sorry I didn't mean to spook you." A rather tall guy tried to calm her. She rested her hand over her heart, while she was breathing heavily.

"I'm...I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scream like that." She apologized.

"It okay. Were you sleeping there all night?" She rubbed her eyes, and looked back to the stranger. He was tall, built, and had brown hair that sat on his shoulder. He was actually quite attractive. She cleared her throat.

"Um...I guess, kind of, yea." The guy had the most uncertain, and worried look on his face like he actually cared. Like he actually cared about some strange girl he had just met on a park bench. "I'm fine though. It's just that well...I just moved here, and I'm not really settled yet, and my uh...housing arrangements fell through." She stuttered. She always stuttered when she lied. She didn't have any pre-made arrangements for coming here. She didn't even know she was coming here until she arrived at the airport. She just needed to get somewhere far away, and fast.

"Well do you need anything?" He asked. It was peculiar, how much he actually showed interest in helping her even though they had just met.

"Why would you help me, I'm a total stranger?"

"Well you don't have to be. I'm Rocky, what's your name?" He held out his hand in a sincere gesture.

"I'm not very good with names, I'll probably forget yours, and we'll probably never even see each other again. I should get going, sorry for screaming again." She turned away coldly, and embarked down the paved sidewalk path. This was a new start for her. She was going to remake herself. She wasn't going to make the same mistakes she had made before, and she made one certain promise to herself. She wasn't going to get close to anybody.