Chapter 22

Colours. So many colours. They were everywhere in her life. They were so important to her that she had weaved them into every aspect of her world. Now, she was staring at her closet and wondering what would be best for today.

Black dress? No. Too elegant.

Red flowy dress? Nah. Worn too many times this month.

Oooo Aqua t-shirt and jeans? No...not right.

Fifteen minutes later, she stood in front of the mirror, smiling at her reflection. A yellow sleeveless t-shirt and blue overalls. Perfect for today.

She packed her bag with all the essentials and hugged her father on her way out.

Dude met her at the college gate. They had already put up the banner a few days back.

INTER-COLLEGE FEST 2015

Dude looked up at it and smiled at her. She had a triumphant look on her face. As though she had already won. In a way, she had. She was trying something new. She wasn't holding back in the one field where it mattered the most. It was a win.

Dude led her all the way to the auditorium where the art competition was being held and sat next to her spot. She stared at the blank canvas waiting for her. The story was yet to begin.

Author's Note: I'm going to put up a series of chapters now. So, you can either wait and read all of them together or read 'em as they come. Either way, you're all awesome! - S