No Future | Minho - The Scorch

It was over for you. The future you once thought you'd have with him was now completely destroyed.

You were clutching Minho's lifeless body. Moments before he had been gasping for air, using his last few breaths to tell you how much he loved you. Your tears fell on his soft, pale face. Your arms pulled him closer to you.

"This can't be happening! Please let this all be a nightmare." You screamed. Newt was standing behind you. He had attempted to move you, but you would not leave. You couldn't leave Minho. He was your last source of hope. Hope that there could be happy moments in the future. He had told you that you two would carry on the Scorch trials and find a way to live happily together.

Now, all those moments you two talked about happening were no longer able to be played to action. The boy who smiled whenever he saw you was dead. The boy who would remind you daily that you were worth it, and that you were amazing and beautiful was now in your arms, lifeless.

Was it pathetic? To be hugging a dead person wishing for them to be alive? No. Anyone would've done it if it were the person they loved most; Minho was that person for you.

"Y/n, we should really get going, the sun'll come up any moment." Newt whispered closely. Newt was such a good friend, he was breaking to pieces on his, yet he always looked out for you, but you couldn't do it.

"You go on. Tell the others I won't be proceeding with them. I'm staying with Minho." You had stopped crying now, you tried your best to be brave.

Newt shook his head, "No, you're going!" Your temper was slowly rising.

"Newt, please, GO!" Once again he was about to protest, but you yelled before he could speak.
"NEWT YOU STUPID SHANK, LEAVE!" Your couldn't control your voice anymore, more tears had fallen on your already wet cheeks.
You looked down at Minho, caressing his cold cheek.
"Y/n, please. Minho wouldn't want you killing yourself for him." Newt looked at you as if you were a scared little puppy. You looked back down at Minho. He's right. A voice in your head said, but no. Said another one. Then Minho's voice rang in your ear, "just promise me one thing, yeah? Never risk your life for me again. That shuck maze could've killed you! I'm just glad we survived the night, and you're okay."

The night you, Minho, Thomas, and an unconscious Alby had been trapped in the Maze he had gotten very angry at you. You remember after you got back safely he made you promise not to risk your life for him. This was doing just that, you weren't going to break a promise that you made to Minho.

After looking down once more at Minho, and giving him one last kiss, you got up and walked ahead of Newt.
"Let's go." You said.

1:04 a.m, yikes! I better get to sleep. Guys I have a YouTube channel where I talk about books & shows and would love if you could check it out! It's called MarielReads. I have only 3 videos up right now, please go give it a look. :) thank you.

Also, comment your thoughts on this imagine! Sorry it's taking me a while to update!