Gin and the snow

Some nights later, after it some snow has fallen, I walked through the forest. Now the sky was clear and the snow was reflecting the light of the stars. It was like walking between galaxies! I wanted to see Silver. I wanted to talk to him.

After some time, I saw a shadow in front of me. I couldn't see it's form.
(This presence... is like Silver's!)
"Silver!" I called at him. But what turned around wasn't Silver... it was...
"Gin?! What are you doing here?"
"Taking a walk..."
"Why here?"
"I love this forest... is calming..."
"Really? I love it too! But... you should go.. there are wolfs around here!"
"I know..."
"Hm? Aren't you scared?"
"I should be scared?"
"No but... most of the people are..."
"You aren't scared so I don't have any reason to be."
"Hm... hey... do you want to see something?"
"What?"
"Come with me!"
I took him to the waterfall.
"This place is beautiful!" he said.
I could see in his eyes that he really liked the place... almost love!
"Yeah... I come here with my best friend all the time!" I said smiling.
"I see... so is not only beautiful... it also has a special meaning for you."
"Yes! But is not the beauty of the place that makes me love it, but the person I came here with..."

Gin looked up at the sky. His blue eyes shone in the light of the moon. Then he smiled.
"This world hides many beautiful things, but the most beautiful ones are friendship and love."
I looked at him. He was right.
"Yes... I wouldn't give my friend for anything in this world!"
He smiled.
"Me neither!"
"You have a friend like this?"
"Yes... my best friend... I would do anything for her!"
(I would do anything for Silver too!)

"The snow is beautiful, isn't it?" he said.
"Yes... is really beautiful!"
"Yeah... too bad that such a beautiful thing can be followed by such horrible things..."
"What do you mean?"
No answer.
(Why to I think that I'll find out soon?)

"You should go back and get some rest!" he said.
"Oh... OK..." I said and I turned to leave.
"Good night Gin!"
"Night Skila..."

After that, I got home. My father was sleeping on in the living room. I smiled and entered my room.