A real friend at school

Next day I slowly walked to school. I couldn't believe that I was in the same class with my best friend. Suddenly, I heard someone calling my name.
"Skila! Hey Skila!"
I turned around to see who it was.
"Oh... hi Alex!" I said and continued walking.
"How are you?" He asked.
"Pretty good, I think... you?" I asked not really caring.
"Good, thanks for asking!" He said happily.

"Skila!" I heard somebody else calling me. I turned around smiling, knowing exactly who it was.
"Hi Sil... Gin!" I said trying to hide my mistake.
"Hi..." he said and looked at Alex."Who's he?" He asked and I started laughing.
"He's a classmate... you don't remember him?" I asked a little surprised.
"Oh... that guy who was glaring at me... hi!" He said and took my hand.
"Gin?" I said not understanding what was happening.
"Let's go!" He said and walked faster.
"Oh... OK... bye Alex!" I shouted from distance.

I followed Silver trying to understand what he was running away from. I decided to just ask him.
"Hey, Silver..." I started but he stopped me.
"Gin..." he whispered.
"Oh, right... Gin... what happened? Why did you react like that?" I asked confused.
"I don't like that guy..." he simply said and continued walking.
"Um... OK...?"

We entered the classroom together.
"You know... you can let go of my hand now..." I said a little embarrassed.
"Oh... right... sorry!" He said and let go of my hand. "Ill just ho to my desk..."
"OK!" I said and sat down at my desk.
I opened my notebook and looked at the project. I smiled happily and waited for the class to start.

"Hey... Skila!" I heard a voice behind me. I rolled my eyes and turned to them.
"What do you want now?" I asked looking at them.
"Nothing much... I see you're back to your red color." One of them said looking at my hair.
"What? Are you jealous?" I asked smirking.
"You little...!" He said rising his hand ready to hit me. But the next moment...

"Can I help you with something?" I heard Silver talking. He was gripping his hand so forceful that it let red marks on his wrist.
"N-no... we're good!" He said in pain.
"Good..." he said letting go. Seeing himself free, Jerry(that was the "boss's" name) walked away. The others quickly followed him and left me and Silver alone.
"Thanks..." I said looking at him.
"Yea... yea... just be more careful!" He said and walked back to his desk.

I smiled thinking that I finally have a real friend at school. I turned to him and whispered:
"Thanks...!"