Chapter 5: District 2's Floor/Training

After the ceremony, Silver, the stylists, and Holt led us to where we'd be sleeping. I'm guessing it'll be hotel rooms or something. We got into the elevator and pressed the 2 with a star next to it rather than the 2.

"I remember my first time going up this elevator," Holt said. "I had no idea what to expect."

When the elevator opened up, Silver lead the way into a huge room. "This, my dears, is District 2's very own floor! Yes, each District gets their own floor. There's six bedrooms; one for Cato, one for Clove, one for me, one for Holt, one for Clove's stylists, and one for Cato's stylists. The largest rooms are for Cato and Clove." Silver said. I was exhausted and just wanted to go to sleep.

"Clove, this way, I'll show you to your room while Holt shows Cato to his." Silver said. Did she just read my mind? "Here it is," Silver said opening the door. It was huge; much larger than the one in the train. "Sweet dreams!" Silver said leaving the room and closing the door behind her.

The room had a bed, a shower, a bathroom, a view of the Capitol, a giant flatscreen TV, a giant walk-in closet filled with gorgeous Capitol clothes, and so much more. How could any kid or teenager hate living here for a few days? Just then, I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in!" I called to the person. Someone with a red dress who looked too skinny to be healthy walked in with a tray and placed it on the table in my room. She bowed to me and walked out of the room closing the door behind her. I walked over to the tray to find a platter of strawberries and apples. There was a note beside them saying:

Your family has requested you have fruit before bed. Specifically, strawberries and apples. We were told they were your favorite. Do not speak to the avoxes during your stay. They are strictly for Capitol use only. They will do what you ask them to at your command. They will come every morning after you leave for breakfast to clean up your bedroom. Thank you for your bravery in all of this. We are proud of you, Clove. We wish you a happy Hunger Games and may the odds be ever in your favor.

I woke up the next morning feeling refreshed. fruit does that for me. Immediately, I hopped in the shower and got ready. Today was my first day of training. I'd finally get to use a real throwing knife and real weapons. Maybe I'll get to meet up with my "allies" too.

Once I was in my training suit, I went out to the main room to eat breakfast. Silver, Holt, the stylists, and Cato were already there.

"Sorry, I'm late." I apologized sitting down.

"No problem sleeping beauty," Holt said. "Eat up. You need your strength for today. You'll be training and the mentors and escorts Silver and I spoke with on the train said you'd be meeting your allies today too."

"Fantastic!" Cato said. "Finally I get to see who's gonna be dead at my hands."

Once breakfast was over, Silver and Holt led us down to the training facility. They weren't allowed to watch or stay. One of the trainers had all the tributes stand in a semi-circle facing her. I stood next to Cato and the boy from one. He had a goofy grin on his face. The boy was tall and stalky too. Hopefully he's good at something.

"Welcome, tributes. You'll have three days in this facility to practice and learn the skills you'll need to use in the arena. No practicing on other tributes; we have trainers for that. I know you'll all want to go ahead and grab the first sword or spear you see but you must know that the survival skills are more important than any of those weapons in the arena. Good luck to you all." the trainer said. I followed Cato to the ropes course where we'd meet up with our allies. A small boy, who looked about twelve, maybe thirteen, walked over to us. I think this was the boy from four.