Chapter Two

*Percy's POV*

Okay, so the proposal didn't go exactly as planned, but what have I ever done with Annabeth that has gone perfectly as planned?

It apparently didn't take long for the news to spread. After all, Annabeth was still in progress with building New Greece and part of her job was to walk around town and check on everything. I mean, with the brilliant shining ring that I, the genius, designed for her, was pretty noticeable. So, yeah, pretty much all of New Greece and by now all of the camp knows.

As soon as Annabeth got home from work today, I figured she wasn't alone. When she walked in, our good friends Piper, Leo, Jason, Hazel, Frank, and Nico came in with her.

"Percy, it took you this long to propose?!" Piper teased with a smile.

"Eh, I'm just glad he had some sort of common sense to do it now, but the way he did was pretty...well...special," Annabeth explained.

"Come on, Perc, you didn't propose by saying that if Tartarus was scary, life with you would be a true nightmare, right?" joked Leo. Every one just stared at him.

"Leo, you obviously have been lonely for a long time, haven't you?" Hazel asked, genuinely sincere.

All the girls laughed at poor Leo, but us guys could not pity a dude who, for fun, would make his whole body on fire in the shower and sing "THIS BOY IS ON FIREEEEEE!!!!!".

Annabeth led the girls away into the bedroom and the rest of us and Leo sat on the couch.

"So, Percy," Jason fidgeted in his seat. "We need to talk to you about something."

"Alright, shoot," I said.

Everyone in the room looked super nervous.

"Ok, so, basically," Frank paused.

"What?!" I said, with my ADHD making me very anxious.

"We need to visit the Roman camp. Reyna notified us that she needed us to come and settle a big camp dispute," Leo said, very slowly. "We want you and Annabeth to come to the Big House so we can plan things for the Argo II."

A camp dispute? More importantly a Roman camp dispute? Not good.

"Ok, yeah sure, we'll definitely be there, what time?"

"Tomorrow, 1:00, Big House, you and Annabeth, be there," Jason finished like he was happy with himself just for saying that.

"Great. Ok, that's settled, but I know you guys didn't come all the way just to tell me that," I questioned.

They all looked around at each other, obviously not expecting Percy's question.

"Umm, well of course we wanted to congratulate you and Annabeth!" Frank laughed nervously.

"Oh, ok, well, thanks!" Percy shrugged off their weird behavior.

The girls came out of the bedroom, all laughing, like they knew something we didn't and were not about to tell us anytime soon. Annabeth winked at me.

"Alright, I guess we'll see you guys tomorrow then!" Piper giggled.

Yep, they definitely knew something.

"Okay then, bye!" Annabeth waved as our friends left our apartment.

"What did you guys talk about in there?" I asked Annabeth.

"Nothing," she replied, with a twinkle in her stormy grey eyes that made me know the gears in her brain were at work.

"Really, whats going on?" I asked again, getting more and more serious.

"Nothing, look, I promise I'll tell you tomorrow!" Annabeth compromised.

Tomorrow? What was with tomorrow?

"Ok then, what do you want to do now?" I wondered out loud.

"I want to show you around New Greece!" Annabeth sounded like a little kid, which made me happy to know she was happy.

Annabeth showed me all around New Greece. On the outskirts of the town, there was a guard tower on the west end and on the north end, all the temples to the gods and minor gods where the moonlight can shine in just perfectly. On the east side, there was a 'hidden' (not really) lake with a small beach. In the center of town, there were the two apartment buildings that were a blend of modern and Greek architectural designs. There was a marketplace shaped like an agora in ancient Greek times and training centers for any one to use. Most of the weapons in the training center were donated either by demigods who lived in that area or by the camp. Annabeth was in the midst of building a public library and had just finished the elementary day school and middle school for the older demigods' kids. There was also a shopping mall with tons of different stores in it. Annabeth had also just closed a deal with Connor and Travis Stoll, sons of Hermes, that they could open their "Stoll's Emporium of Tricks and Fun". Thank the gods Annabeth had also just finished a large, stat-of-the-art hospital. The entire town was protected with the same blessing Camp Half Blood was enchanted with. Overall, I thought it was perfect, and no wonder Annabeth was under so much stress lately. I definitely wanted to live here for a long time.

This was exactly what I want my life to be like; me, Annabeth and maybe a family in the future.