Chapter Five

*Annabeth's POV*

The day/nightmares I get as an effect of Tartarus did not mix with pregnancy. Whenever I got a nightmare while I was sleeping, I had to make sure it didn't wake Percy up too (which it always does) because I just started morning sickness and the meds I got from the doctor were the ones Percy found. Jeez, he is such a Seaweed Brain sometimes, I mean, if he had read on the bottle what the meds were really for, well you know what would happen. 

It also didn't mix well with reality. I have never had an image come that became real.

As I was talking to Piper and Hazel in my room yesterday, the image I had, although it terrified me, I slightly brushed aside and continued on.

(Annabeth's image)

(I was standing in Percy's mom's apartment and realized, as I looked down, I was transparent! I tried to call for Sally, but my voice never came out. All of a sudden, Sally and Paul came out of the hallway and sat down on the couch together, laughing about something. I knew something was wrong. I tried to warn them, but it was too late. I whipped around to see the ugly Minotaur that attacked Sally and Percy killed when we were twelve. Sally and Paul screamed, trying to get up from the couch, Paul shielding Sally in a corner. The Minotaur raced to the terrified couple, destroying everything in its path. Before the beast could make its way to Sally and Paul, the scene disappeared, leaving me cowering in Piper and Hazel's arms, knowing it was too late. But then again, it wasn't real.)

Now, if Percy and I could have Hermes's old flying sneakers again, things maybe could have gone a lot better.

"Percy," I started, with tears in my eyes.

"What, Annabeth?" he snapped. I knew he instantly regretted it, because he looked like he might cry himself. "Oh gods, I'm so sorry Annabeth, I didn't mean that,"

"I know, its okay, but I have to tell you something," I said slowly.

As we entered a taxi then told him Sally's address, I began to explain in a hushed tone my image from yesterday, skillfully excluding the pregnant part. Percy's face was a sickly green. I looked at my watch, 12:45, ohh-no. This is more important, I told myself, obviously.

As the cab driver pulled up, we got out, paid him, and were both struck with a flash of pure fear of what we would find. On the outside, the apartment building looked completely normal, but we knew on the inside was probably chaos.

Percy and I swapped looks and nodded firmly, and together, we walked into the apartment building.

As we stepped into the lobby, nothing seemed out of place, but as we climbed the stairs to Sally's apartment, we noticed the eerie silence that followed us everywhere. Percy and I paused before the door, too nervous of what lay behind. 

Percy and I exchanged one final look before turning the squeaky doorknob, revealing a wrecked apartment that was once Percy's home.

"Mom?" Percy called out cautiously. We took a few careful steps, avoiding all the debris.

"Mom?!" Percy shouted again, with a desperate edge in his voice.

I should have told him then, but I honestly didn't expect this all to happen.

Then, we heard a voice whisper, "P-p-percy?"

We rushed towards the voice, careful not to trip on anything.

We reached a closet door than was blocked by a large, broken book shelf.

"Mom!" Percy shrieked. Percy and I clicked into action. We raced to pull the bookshelf off of the door. Soon, we pulled all the pieces and books off and told Sally it was ok to come out.