Chapter Eleven

-Annabeth's POV-

2 months along? I can't believe it. I hope I went to the doctors soon enough, I mean to get my morning sickness meds I had to go to my first appointment and I hated to go without Percy but I wasn't ready to tell him yet.

I am showing a lot more than I thought I would at this stage. But I've never been pregnant before though so what do I know? Gods I hate that, saying I don't know something.

After the last day I was going full time days at work, I came home just as Percy was. As we walked inside the apartment, we noticed a blue envelope sitting on the counter, which was weird because our mail gets put in our mailbox in the lobby.

This envelope smelled like an ocean breeze, so I had no doubt it was from Poseidon, but I don't know what it's doing here, unless Percy had tried to contact him. What was he not telling me?

Percy eyed it anxiously then opened it. He showed me the note inside:

Dear Percy and Annabeth,
Even though I believe you are both very young, I know you will both be great parents.This 'parents' thing was a big surprise to me but I am very happy for you both. I want you to know I will be there every step of the way as you start your lives together with your new family. I am also happy to know that (don't tell her) Athena has finally come to we senses about her wonderful daughter Annabeth whom I know has saved your life many times before, which I also know you deny. Now, this child will look up to you and you will be their hero, and admire you like I do. You will not always know what to do but will always make the wise choice in the end.
One more thing, and I should not be telling you this, but I have recently been having an extremely bad feeling about something that will happen at camp; I am sincerely sorry but that is all I know, no visions, just a gut feeling.

Congratulations on your future hero!

-Poseidon...Dad...Grandpa

Future hero?

"Percy, what did you do?" I asked.

"I sent him a sonogram of his grandchild." He answered.

"That was sweet," I thought about my mother becoming more involved in my life and then thought of Percy and his dad, who I know has visited him a couple of times.

"What do think the 'bad feeling' stuff was about?" I asked, feeling nervous because when a god has a feeling, it's probably correct.

"I have no clue, do you think we should talk to Chiron tomorrow?" He replied.

"Yeah that's a good idea, plus I've got a few things I need to discuss with him too." I answered back.

Going back to the fact that today was my last day of full time work, can I just say I'm pissed? I love my job and nothing's that bad yet. I have to work half-time for 3 more months then they're gonna strip me of my job until the baby is a month old I think?

I love my job, and we're so busy as it is and without my team's lead architect (me), the jobs will stop for a couple of months because no one else has the authority I do. So I either have to train a new person or they're gonna have to reach out to retired demigods. And no one has my visions and ideas. This sucks.

I keep a picture of the sonogram in my wallet, and I smile every time I see it.

That's my baby, I think every time I see it.

What about all the equipment that has to come with a baby? There's a crib, bottles, clothes, diapers, blankets, toys, changing table, and on and on and on. We use our spare room as an office, so where are we going to even put the baby? Note to self: sit down and plan things out with Percy. We don't want the baby to come and then have to sleep on the couch.

Now's the best time to do it, I guess.

"Hey Percy, I want to talk about a few things."

"Well, okay, what about?" he asked.

"We need to discuss some things about the baby," I was kinda getting nervous.

"Yeah, I know we agreed on being surprised but we can't agree on everything," he pointed out.

We sat down on the chairs at the counter. I took out a piece of paper to write our decisions down.

"How about hospital info for when the time comes, were we gonna go to the one outside of camp or the one that just opened inside of camp?" Percy questioned.

"I know when I started my baby check-ups the hospital here wasn't finished but I think I want to go there for the delivery," I responded.

The hospital here had Will Solace, a good friend of Percy and mine's as head doctor, but I don't know if he does maternity.

"Okay, how about shopping for supplies and furniture? When are we going to do that? I'm kinda freaking out because it's a lot of money for all the stuff we're going to need. Where are we going to get that kind of money? We aren't rich." I rushed out the words so quickly but Percy still caught them. Dang.

"Annabeth, I had no idea you felt this way. Don't worry about the money, okay? We both have steady, well-paying jobs and no, we aren't rich, but that doesn't matter. So don't worry, because it makes me worry, and when I worry, there's a hurricane somewhere in the tropics. I love you, okay, and we're gonna get through this, together. Okay?"

"Okay."

"Good. But since you wanted to set a date to go shopping, how about when you are farther along, like 6 months? Is that good?" Leave it to Percy to get back to the point, like it's always me getting off topic and him staying focused (*hmm* *hmm* SARCASM).

"That's fine for the big stuff, but I'll pick up stuff here and there along the way."

We moved on to other topics, but settled on one last one. Percy and I are living religions; the Greek gods, we don't believe in Christianity or similar religions; we have been rudely and harshly told to deal with the fact that thousands of years ago people (and still do) worship your mother or father, so we won't choose the religious "godparent"- in fact the name is a bit ironic but Percy and I agreed on something like godparents, someone to be a role model for our child when we can't be, because we, out of all people, know how much hell this child will go through as a legacy (second or further generation child from godly decent), even though I vow to protect him/her from it all. But who will they be?

"Um, I have an idea, since we can't decide on our own, let's put names into two hats, one woman one man." I suggested. It was almost dinner time and I was getting kinda (really) hungry.

"Yeah, let's do that, so no feelings get hurt." Percy agreed.

I got out two hats, and I wrote the girls' while Percy wrote the boys' names down. I wrote: Piper, Hazel, and Thalia. Percy wrote down Jason, Frank, Leo, and Grover. We ripped the paper up into tiny pieces and put them in their respective hats. Now for the choosing (reaping).

For the guy 'godparent'.... Percy closed his eyes and sifted through the papers, and raised up his hand with the winner.

Grover.

For the girl 'godparent'....I plucked up a white, folded strip of paper.

Thalia.

Well that's done and over with.

I'm glad it worked out this way, I mean they were my first protectors. I hope they accept, which I assume they will. We chose not to put Juniper's name in because if the child was ever in danger, and called her, Juniper wouldn't be able to go and help because she's bound to her tree.

I got up from the bar stool and went to the stove to start cooking dinner, when the camp/town alarm started blaring. The alarm is only used in serious emergencies and has only been used a few times since I have been here at camp, 11 years ago.

Percy didn't wait for me to start walking, he just practically flung himself off the bar stool and grabbed me by the arm. Then he spud around and ran to the door, but not heading outside quite yet. See, we have a monitor on our wall next to the door like a security system (built by Leo of course), for situations like this. It shows a brief explanation about the emergency, like monster in camp, someone's suddenly dead, or, the ever legendary (A/N I know there was no alarm in the real book) our-beloved-tree-has-turned-into-my-best-friend emergency. One of the most important things it shows though is whether to stay in your cabins or come to so-and-so. We always automatically bring our weapons every time. But something was wrong. The tablet was all staticky and not showing what it's supposed to.

"Percy, where are we supposed to go? What's going on?" I asked, knowing I was supposed to stay calm during times like this but couldn't.

We heard noises outside, screaming.

I took one step towards the big window to check it out when Percy screamed my name and tugged me back by the waist before the window shattered into millions of transparent, murderous shards. All I heard was a deep, angry war bellow/cry, which was clearly not a monsters. Another half dozen or so human voices rang through the air before a deafening CRASH and then I blacked out...

----------------------------------------------

Another cliffie for you all. Action and fluff all in one chapter. And I gave you the 'godparents' which believe it or not I did actually pick randomly. I'm thinking of announcing the baby gender next chapter, should I? Hmm, I'm gonna say 10+ votes on this chapter, 15 comments, or 400 reads on this chapter, whichever comes first. Yup. That's what I'll do. BTW I'll say it again, you are the best readers ever and I love you guys so much. I am close to 7,000 reads and 89/ close to 90 votes on this book alone, and that's amazing.

I'm also going to delete any authors note in this story which has absolutely no importance anymore, even if it means those statistics I mentioned earlier go down. I just think I have too many.

I'm warning you now and this will be your only clue but something very very sad is gonna happen next chapter. Something very important. Warning ya now.

ATTENTION! I'm looking for a co-owner for my Percabeth Instagram account...anyone wanna help me out with that? If so comment your kik ill comment mine.

SHOUTOUT TO:
-supergirljamie.
-IrisAnnGirl.
Bookworm_156
-Nialler_princess222
-daughterofHephaestus

Please follow them! They are the winners of my readers challenge and I appreciated their feedback for my story so much and I want more readers on it!! I'm going on their ^^^^^ accounts now to check out and see if they have any stories.