Chapter 5

It's been a while. I apologize. xoxoxo **updated cast list**
                          ~~~~~~~

I was woken up by my ringtone blaring the song chosen specially for Carmen.

I groaned and rolled over answering the call. "Hello?" I said groggily.

"Harlow Gaskarth you better tell me everything that happened!" She more yelled than said.

"Carmen inside voice," I heard my Aunt Tay say in the background.

I laughed to myself, "Wait why do you sound so clear?" I asked.

Suddenly my bedroom door opened to reveal my crazy best friend resulting in giving me a heart attack.

"Because I'm here! Spill!" She said sitting on the edge of my bed.

"How did...why are you...oh forget it," I said hanging up. "There's not much to spill Car, we just talked," I said.

"Just talked?!" She said not buying a bit of what I was saying.

"Yeah, Car we really hit it off. I felt really comfortable around him, and that kiss..." I said trailing off knowing Carmen was about to explode.

"KISS?! That doesn't sound like just talking to me! Oh my gosh Harlow how was it?!" She asked frantically.

I smiled remembering how it felt on my lips, "Firework worthy," I said dreamily.

"I'm so happy for you Har!" She said hugging me. I laughed and hugged her back.

I got up and threw on my sweatshirt as Carmen babbled on about something that happened at school.

We walked downstairs and were greeted by our moms sitting at the table talking and eating breakfast.

"Good morning sweetheart," my mom said smiling.

"Morning, hey Aunt Tay," I said hugging my aunt.

"How are you girlfriend?" My aunt asked.

"I'm good, just listening to one of Carmen's many interesting stories," I said and everyone laughed.

"What can I say? This mouth just doesn't know when to shut up!" Carmen said proudly.

"We know Car," Aunt Tay said.

"So what's happening with the dance tonight?" My mom asked.

I took a sip of my tea and glanced at Carmen, usually she had the plans in order. Or at least I thought she would. And then I forgot we weren't going together and that I had a date.

"Well this is the first time we both have dates so it'll be weird to not show up together," Carmen said.

"Yeah it'll be-wait you have a date?" I asked.

"Yeah! Oh shit I forgot to tell you, I'm going with Blake," she said.

I choked on my tea and Carmen patted my back, "Are you okay?!" She asked.

Blake?! Why was she going with him? Had I missed something?

"Yeah I'm fine! Uh, when did you two get together?" I asked nonchalantly.

"Just going as friends, I mean we really have zero interest in each other, he's like my brother," Carmen said.

I eyed her suspiciously but she obliviously just babbled on to my mom and my aunt. When did Blake ask Carmen?! And why would she go when she knew that I used to like him?

I thought she liked Tommy anyways...I mean not that I care I have Logan and I'm really happy and excited to be going with him. It just seemed weird that Carmen was going to go with Blake.