Chapter 6

Ugh look how cute Harlow and Carmen are. We all need friends like that, enjoy and feel free to leave suggestions, frens! xoxoxo

Ps sorry it's been literally forever!

Harlow's POV

My legs were shaking as we drove to the dance and in that moment I'd wished Carmen were with me to give me a pep talk and calm me down.

"Are you cold? I can turn off the AC," Logan said looking over at me. I smiled and shook my head.

"Nope! I'm all good, just-"

"Nervous?" He asked. I shyly nodded.

"Don't be," he smiled, "If anything I should be shaking, I'm showing up with the prettiest girl tonight," he said.

I know that cheesy lines like that shouldn't affect me but it totally did and I turned about fifty shades of red in that moment. I couldn't suppress the huge grin that spread across my face.

"You're sweet," I said biting my lip.

"Just speaking the truth," he said pulling into a parking lot.

I took a deep breath when he got out of the car and came around to open my door.

"Ready?" He asked taking my hand. I nodded with a smirk and he returned one back.

My legs felt like jelly as we approached the door. Once we got in we walked over to the table to hand in our tickets.

"Harlow Gaskarth! You look so stunning!" my math teacher Mrs. Gonzales smiled up at me through her red cat eye glasses.

"Thanks Mrs. G," I blushed looking down.

"You take care of her now, Logan," she winked at him. He chuckled and pulled me by his side.

"Don't worry Mrs. G, I definitely will," he smiled. And with that we were off to the gym to face everybody.

Logan gave my hand a reassuring squeeze before we walked in. Entering the gym there were streamers and various decorations all "under the sea" themed.

As if that theme hadn't been overdone a million times. I think Julie Meyers had been binge watching The Little Mermaid and every single cliche high school dance movie before planning ours.

I had to admit it did look cute and made me feel like a mermaid, and doesn't every girl want to be a mermaid? No? Just me? Got it, moving on.

It felt like all eyes were on us and it felt weird, especially considering that a few days ago people only knew me as "Tommy's sister" and didn't take the time to give me a second glance.

But Logan just tried his best to keep me comfortable and made sure I was okay which was really nice.  It's important that the person you're with is making sure you're okay.

I spotted my brother who excitedly waved me over to the rest of the band, and finally caught up with Carmen too. Logan and I made our way to the side of the stage that was set up in the middle of the gym.

"Hey guys!" I said hugging Tommy who looked like he would explode from being so excited.

"Tommy's trying to hype up Blake because he's grumpy," Nate said. I looked over at Blake who glared at what Nate said and shook his head.

"I'm not grumypy, I'm pissed off, they cut our set to twenty minutes when it should have been fourty-five minutes," he said not meeting my eyes.

"Shit, that sucks, they can't do that!" I said feeling annoyed at the school.

"It's for the stupid homecoming king and queen bullshit, how long could that possibly take?" he said finally looking up at me.