Five

Brooklyn woke up in the morning, to an empty bed, like she had for the past six days, after last night, she would have thought he would have at least woken her up before he left. Waking up to an empty bed the morning after is not a fun thing. She checked the night stand for a note, but there wasn't one. 'He's probably downstairs.' She thought, shrugging it off.

Sighing, she got up and went straight to the shower, spending twenty minutes standing under the hot water, thinking, before actually showering and getting out. Getting dressed in a pair of skinny jeans and a white ruffled tank top that she got on her shopping trip with Lexi the day before, Brooklyn made her way down the stairs, seeing some of the guys sitting around in the living room, watching some old movie, and a few of them in the kitchen, eating leftovers from dinner the night before. "Hey, where's Colton?" She asked as she poured herself a cup of coffee. "Club stuff. He left with Ax an hour ago." One of the guys, Bull, told her as he stuffed shepherds pie into his mouth. Brooklyn nodded before going back  up their room, she grabbed her purse, deciding she was going out for a drive, she was halfway down the stairs before she realized that she didn't have a car, she quickly turned, walked back up the stairs and straight to Lexi's room, where she knocked, waited until Lexi yelled 'come in' and then walked into her room and dramatically collapsed onto her bed. "What's wrong with you?" Lexi asked with a smirk.

"Can I borrow your car?" She asked, tears pooling in her eyes.

"Hey, what's going on?" Lexi asked, the smirk fading away.

"I slept with him." She whispered.

"Okay?" Lexi asked, confused. "So? You like him, Brooklyn, anyone can see that, so what's the problem?" She asked, taking Brooklyn's hand.

Brooklyn sighed, wiping away the tears that fell.

"Nothing, I'm just being stupid." She said softly. "He left before I woke up, with no note or anything, and I don't know... It just upset me. I've never..." Brooklyn paused, sighing.

"Did he know that you haven't?" Lexi asked, frowning. When Brooklyn nodded, Lexi shook her head. "What an ass." She said, picking up her car keys.

"Here, want me to come with you?" She asked, glancing to the crib where Lennox was peacefully sleeping.

"No, it's okay, I just need to clear my head. I want to be alone. Thanks though." Brooklyn whispered, taking the keys. "I won't be gone long." She said.

Lexi nodded. "Be careful, and take your time, I'm staying home today, so I don't need the car." She said.

Thanking her friend once again, Brooklyn left the club house trying not to draw too much attention.

She drove up the the gate, and smiled at the prospect who walked up to her window. He was about nineteen, with blonde hair and brown eyes.

"Uh, hey." He said, not making eye contact. She rolled her eyes, knowing that Colton probably told the poor guy to stay away from her.

"Hi..." She said, quietly. "I just need to go to the store." She said softly. From what she had seen, the guys at the gate normally just opened the gate, no questions asked, so she was sure that Colton had mentioned her not leaving without an escort.

The young man rubbed the back of his neck nervously, before leaning down, his hands on the window sill of the car.

"Look, I was told you can't leave without an escort." He said, frowning.

"Everyone is busy." Brooklyn replied, shrugging.

"Can't you just wait for someone to be available to take you?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.