Chapter 2: Watch Where You're Going

After that incident between Akashi and I, I was being consoled by my classmates sympathies for a week. They would bring their teary faces up to mine ranting on about how scary Akashi was and how brave I was even though I couldn't remember how I was brave back then while some blamed me for speaking rudely to Akashi.

On the other hand, Akashi is always playing this chessboard game called Shogi whom I recalled from my early years. My grandpa always force me to play with him and he would always shout and laugh at me for making dumb moves and my pieces getting eaten by his pieces in less than a minute.

~Flashback~

"Hmph. Grandpa is so mean to me! Why won't grandpa let me win?" I pouted my chubby cheeks folding my chubby arms in front of a wrinkly old man. Instead of grey hair that was supposed to be on top his head it was covered in moles and warts.

"Hohoho! Because I want to make Yume-kun play better!" my grandpa laughed slapping his hands on his knees.

"How is laughing at me going to make me be better at playing Shogi!" I gritted my baby teeth angrily.

He finally stopped laughing and sat up straight. "Losing can make you improve yourself better!" he shouted loudly that his spit and saliva rained onto my pale chubby face.

"Grandpa! Y-your spit-!"

"The more you lose, the more you learn from experience. Losing can be frustrating but it can also be a great help in the future!" his loud voice stopped me from continuing my sentence "But I must admit..." he said returning to his normal volume "Yume-kun almost bet me earlier." he chuckled.

"Ehh?! Hontou?!"

"Hmm... maybe..."

"So... that means I'm getting better, right?!" I asked excitedly.

He nodded as he smiled his fake teeth at me while setting up the pieces to its original position.

"Play with me again, Yume-kun?" he asked softly and nicely.

-5 minutes later-

"I win again, Yume-kun!" my grandpa cheered flailing his wrinkly arms around the air as if he had won the lotto.

"Grandpa... you're the worst..." I grumbled but then I felt happy inside to see him like this. 'My crazy old grandpa' I thought, laughing my head off at that thought.

~ (End of flashback) ~

It was a nice sunny day as I sat on a wooden bench chilling near the school gym sipping my large juice box that I could never finish. I look up to the blue sky and uttered "Yo, grandpa. Hope you're having the best time of your life in heaven. Say hi from me to mum and dad. Miss you guys." I looked down on the ground sighing and feeling stupid and embarrassed at what I just said.

Suddenly, a herd of coloured faces *cough* bitches interrupted my peaceful silent. As they got closer and closer to me, I noticed how unbelievably short their skirts were. A cool breezy wind passed us making their short skirts flutter. A group of boys smiled greedily as they pass them, one of them attempting to take a peek...

"Oi, pervert!" I grunted making him jump and giving him an icy glare. He poked his tongue at me and ran to his friends who were leaving him behind, guffawing.

"O my God, Tachibana. You can't just say to someone that they're a pervert. My, my. Where are your manners?" a blonde girl with a high ponytail snickered.

"Shut up, Ami." I growled at her while they laugh. Ami is one of those popular people that you see in the halls laughing their asses off. Plus, she's one of those people who blamed me for making Akashi mad. I sighed and stood up finishing my juice box for the first time in one slurp as I keep my cool. 'Just keep your cool, Yume. They're just attention seekers who laughs at every single thing' I exhaled turning my back towards them and throwing the empty container in the bushes until I heard her friends say something that they shouldn't have said.

"Rudeness, much? Did your parents teach you any manners?"

"Yeah, I'll say" one agreed. "I heard she lives by herself"

"Then how is she able to eat, sleep and live under a roof?"

"Hohoho! Don't tell me her parents are... dead"

Dead.

Dead.

Die.

I didn't know what happened next but my hand was clenched to a fist and hit Ami's colored face where the nose is. My legs started kicking each one of their stomachs, all of them dropping to their knees while they clutch onto their stomachs, groaning. I didn't realize what I had done until two girls who were walking by screamed their lungs out snapping me into realization.

"Tachibana! Y-y-you... what have you... d-d-done... to them?!" one girl whose eyes were blue as the sea stammered holding onto her friend's arms for support, their faces in shock.

I opened my mouth to speak but I couldn't let any sound come out. I approached them slowly, my legs wobbling each step. "P-please... don't tell..." my voice quivered, stretching one hand towards them. The hand which I stretched out was the hand whom I punched Ami's nose with. It had a little tint of blood on it. They screamed their high pitched voices and sprinted away from me. I looked with a sense of fear in me at Ami and her friends who had passed out earlier. I buried my face onto my hands as tears of regret and frustration starts to flow down my face.

What should I do? I'm going to get expelled. There's no way they'll let me off in this one. What if the police gets involve? Their parents are going to sue me. What should I do? I don't know what to do anymore! My legs automatically started to run not knowing where I'm heading. I rubbed my eyes with my sleeve as I curse myself. 'Stupid! Stupid! Idiot, Yume!'

I turned to a corner when suddenly...

BAM! I bumped into someone running at my full speed. The impact was so strong that I fell on my sorry ass. 'I guess I deserved that' I thought while crying and covering my crying face with my hands.

"Watch where you're going!" a familiar voice yelled at me in a discomforting tone.

'No...' I thought 'No! No! No! This is bad timing!' It was the voice of Akashi Seijurou, my arch-rival. I didn't want to look at him or speak to him; I bet he's probably smiling right now. "Go-gomen... nasai..." I whispered quietly so he wouldn't think the girl in front of him is Tachibana Yume, the one who vowed to defeat him someday.

As I was about to stand up he took hold of my hands and looked straight at me, his multi-coloured eyes scanning my wet face. My teary eyes widened in shock. "I-I-idiot! Let go of me!" I stammered trying to struggle my hands free but unfortunately I couldn't.

This is so embarrassing! It's too stupid for it to be real. This day is turning into one hellish nightmare! I want to disappear right now and hide but I can't. His face isn't making any expression which is making me really annoyed at the fact how he can't make any facial expressions in this type of situation. "I said let go of me! Right now!" I cried blocking my eyes with my bangs still struggling.

"I told you last time, no one should order me around," he said calmly.

"Like hell I care! Just let go of me or-"

"Or what?" he asked still wearing his blank expression.

I stop struggling since I'm just wasting my energy on him. My body feels heavy and I noticed my breathing pattern is odd. 'Aargh... my head feels light' I thought. Everything is white right now. I couldn't see Akashi's blank expression in front of me. Have I gone blind by crying and stressing out too much? Or am I in heaven? Hell? Tsk. This sucks. Just get me out of here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Arigatou Gozaimasu! That's it for chapter 2. Chapter 3 will be Akashi's P.O.V. Hmmm... I wonder what'll happen... (Haven't planned it out yet though...lol) Ja nee! ^_^

Comment, vote and follow. Onegai shimasu. (>人<;)