Chapter 3: Unexpected Encounter

Akashi P.O.V

Her face was all red and wet from crying too much. Struggling won't make a difference since no one can escape from me. She avoids looking at me because she's thinking that it's embarrassing to see her crying face. I restrained her wrist tighter so that she could calm down. Although i noticed a smudge of red liquid on her knuckles. "I said let go of me! Right now!" She cried out, pulling her hands with more force but failed to do so.

"I told you last time," I started, "No one should tell me what to do."

"Let go of me or-"

"Or what?" I simply asked.

Suddenly, she stop struggling and i felt that her hands became heavy. She hung her head and started to cough wildly as her breathing pattern changed. Her knees started to wobble and her hands started to shake abnormally. After she had coughed wildly, she started to wheeze and it came out in a whistle sound.

"Asthma attack..." I muttered letting go of her hands. Her head fell hard on my chest almost knocking me out of breath. 'Tsk.' I thought 'So bothersome' while i search through the pockets of her skirt. I felt a bump on her side that felt like small bottle. Her inhaler. I took out her inhaler while she leaned on me, her chocolate brown hair just below my chin smelt nice. I lifted her chin noticing how pale she is as i plugged the inhaler between her parted lips, pressing the bottle down, her chest rising. Her eyelids started to twitch meaning it was already enough for her. Her chest fell as i took her inhaler off her lips.

Usually, i don't help people who oppose me. i show no mercy to them, if you want to put it that way. I don't know why this girl is obsess on beating me. The chance of her beating me is none. Full stop. Since i always win, i'm always right. There's no need to question my supremacy.  

The bell rung 30 minutes ago and she still wouldn't wake up. "Oi" i said putting my hands on her shoulder and shaking her. But her head still hung low on my chest as her arms swing by her side. 'She must have fainted, i guess...' I thought. I took out my phone and looked at the time. "2:45..." I muttered closing it and shove it inside my pocket. Suddenly, her head started to move as well as her arms. Good, she can get off of me now.

She lifted her head opening one tired eye. "Hmm...?" She mumbled sleepily.

"Get off of me." I said coldly. What's up with this girl? She's so slow to react.

"Ah... Sorry... I just did something stupid" she mumbled again backing away from my personal space.

"That doesn't concern me-"

"I have to go... To the the principal's office... Have to confess what i've done to those girls..." She hiccuped her voice sounding faint "i'm so stupid..."

"Yeah, i agree" i said "I saw the whole thing by chance, actually."  

She flinched.

"Uh... Yeah... I'll just go now... Sorry for everything" she bowed and turning to a corner disappearing from my sight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Akashi-san, do you have any idea where Tachibana-san is?" My math teacher, Jin-sensei asked as i took one step inside the class.

"Principal office" i replied.

"Ahh... Is that so... She must have been the one who did all the commotion earlier." Jin-sensei commented as i quietly take my seat. I glanced behind me to see Yume's desk empty. "Now class, please work silently on your algebra sheet and give it to me at the end of this period after you've finished it"

'What a piece of cake, algebra' i thought writing all my answers in one swift motion as i see others asking each other how they get answers.

Brrr... Brrr... My phone vibrated in my pocket. Brrr... Brrr...  

I flipped my phone to see one message from my friend who is currently studying in Yosen:

"Nee, nee, Aka-chin, is it true you transferred to Rakuzan? Mido-chin and the others were shock that you transferred schools without telling them." It said.

"The previous school i went to has low academic standards and their basketball teams are simply hopeless. One cannot even dribble the ball properly, that's how hopeless they are." I typed pressing send.

5 seconds later, Atsushi replied: "Ah... Aka-chin is cold as ever. Well, i look forward to facing you in the Inter High finals even though Inter High hasn't started yet.. Ja nee, Aka-chin. Right now, I'm getting scolded for eating my snacks in class. Teacher's these days..." I gave a curious look in the last 2 sentences and sighed. He's always eating his snacks, that Atsushi.

"I look forward to facing you too in the finals. Jaa then." I pressed send before closing my phone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I opened my fridge which is packed of vegetables, dairy products, meat and desserts. I grabbed a carton of milk that's almost about to expire and chugged it down in less than a minute. I spin my heel so that i could face the trash can that was a couple of meters in front of me. Since i'm a basketball player, i threw the the empty carton with both hands, soaring up high almost touching the kitchen ceiling. As always, it goes in.

I'm an only child and my parents is out on abroad so i have this big luxurious place all to myself. A big flat screen television stands on a T.V. stand full of drawers. I let myself fall onto the leather yet soft couch and grabbed the remote above the coffee table covered in sports magazines. I lazily watched NBA: Boston Celtics vs Miami Heat while the rain poured heavily outside.

It was 6:30 in a Friday evening when i heard a knock on the door. Feeling surprise, i stood up and rushed towards the door. A gush of cold wind entered inside my heated warm house as i stare at the person who is in front of me. She was drenched from head to toe, her brown bangs covered her eyes and she was shivering from the cold. "Oh... Uh... E-excuse me, sir..." She stuttered, bowing down. I could hear her teeth chattering. "Can you p-please tell me where the nearest t-train st-station is?"

"It's just thirty minutes from here by car but i doubt that you can get there by foot in this weather," I replied. I didn't think she would turn around and went straight outside in the pouring rain. I immediately grabbed her wrist and it felt like i was touching a block of ice.

'Damn you, Yume!' I thought as drops of rain pour down my face.

"I c-can't b-b-believe we're d-doing this a-again!" She managed to shout through that chattering teeth of hers. "Hanashiteyo! Let me go d-damit!"

I pulled her close to me and hugged her from behind as I dragged her inside, away from the pouring rain. I quickly lock the door before she could even react, hiding the keys in my pocket.

"C-cold..." She uttered hugging her knees.

"If you were that cold, why the hell do you still think of planning to walk in a storm?" I shouted angrily losing my composure. 'Seijurou, it's okay, calm down,' i thought, sighing.

"Be-because- ACHOO!" She sneezed onto her knees.

"I'll get towels" i muttered walking off, leaving her sneezing onto 'my' wet floor.

"ACHOO!"

"You'll infect the house, dammit!" I shouted, losing my composure again as i ran upstairs thinking: 'this day is just getting more and more unexpected.'

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Gaaahh... I need to manage my time for my studies... Yosh! Maybe 2 chapters for each weekend, how does that sound? (Or maybe 1.. I dunno) chapter 4 coming right up! Please Vote, Comment and Follow Onegai shimasu (^人^)