Wrong Number - Prologue

⭐Lucy⭐

Social media was the only way to get most of us out of boredom. It can take most of our time as well. I'm not surprised that people get addicted with it. Some people even stay up late.

Well, not me. I thought my phone would be useful for communication. It was useful for many people, but for me it wasn't. It was popular in this town-in the town of Magnolia. My guild mates are also using them, too. Now I'm wondering why I didn't get addicted with cellphones and social media.

"It's because you have no one to talk to on the social media." Erza said as she slumped to the couch next to me. I never realized I have been thinking out loud. "You have the contacts of our guild mates. You even have mine. Why don't you try texting me? I mean, I don't really know, but cellphones are really useful in today's generation."

Pursing my lips into a thin line, I mumbled, "I know it is. I just don't see it that way. For me, at least."

"Lucy, you can use it if you somehow get lost on a mission. Don't think of phones as something invaluable."

"Touché." She had her point, anyway. Maybe it could be of use to me someday.

"And you'll never know, you might find someone you'll be with for the rest of your life credits to your phone." Erza put up an index finger in front of my face as if to remind me that I still need to know more about life. She smirked as I blushed.

Shaking my head, I replied, "That may be true, but I don't want a love life as of this moment. I will focus on work."

"Come on, Lucy. Christmas is coming. Enjoy life!"

I rolled my eyes. "How about you try finding Jellal so you'd have a merry Christmas?" She was the one to blush this time and I just laughed. "You know what, you should rest. Your job's been pretty tough." I smiled at her and she waved goodbye to me.

I pulled out my phone and stared at it. Hope Erza's right.

I never knew that a single click on my phone could change my life.