Wrong Number - 4

Wrong Number – Chapter 4

⭐Lucy⭐

“So what I’m basically saying is that Gajeel’s been making all of us cover our ears after the Christmas party. You’re lucky you didn’t hear it.” Levy rolled her eyes and I chuckled. “Gray’s right. He’s good at song writing, but not in singing.” She banged her head on the table, looking frustrated. Suddenly, we all heard a voice of a man over the microphone. We all looked at the stage and groaned as we saw Gajeel holding his guitar.

“I have to witness it today.” I uttered to Levy, half amused and half unpleased. She smiled at me weakly and tried to cover her ears the same time I did.

“Ooo. Shoobi-doo-bop.” Gajeel sang as people kept throwing tomatoes at him.

“I am going home.” I told Levy when I couldn’t take Gajeel’s voice anymore. “Good luck.” As I was about to go out, Erza blocked my way. “What?”

“You don’t know? There’s a thief here, and he’s very troublesome. Sting got beaten up and is in his worst condition. I heard that Jellal had a hard time fighting that thief too.” She murmured the last part.

I worried, though the last part didn’t slip off my ears. “That’s bad. But, you really know everything about Jellal, don’t you?” I smirked, lightly pushing her. She blushed a deep shade of red, waving her hands dismissively. “Anyway, thanks for the reminder. But how are we supposed to go home?” I queried.

“Maybe Natsu can accompany you when you go home later. He can be your bodyguard, of some sort.” Natsu being my bodyguard made me laugh, but I just nodded at Erza.

“Why are you back?” Levy asked through Gajeel’s horrible voice as I sat beside her.

“Erza said I couldn’t go out because there’s a powerful thief lingering in this town.”

Levy gasped. “But how are we supposed to go back to our houses? How are we supposed to go back to Fairy Hills?”

“Erza said that I...” I paused, reluctant. “I should make Natsu accompany me to my apartment.” I mumbled. “Yeah, kind of like a bodyguard. He is strong too, anyways. I wanted to tell Erza that I’ve become stronger over a year too, but then I told myself no because I knew that that thief is stronger than me. It beat Sting, so I doubt if I can beat that thief on my own...”

“Oh. Then your problem is solved with going home. Guess I’d have to ask Gajeel about this.” I chuckled lightly, teasing her.

“Why does everybody hate that?” We heard grunting and it was from Gajeel. I see, he had finished singing.

Levy rolled her eyes, but I could tell that she was glad because he had stopped singing and he’s here. “Get the recording tape from Mirajane and then it will answer your question.”

“But I knew I did well!”

“Quit protesting.”

Then everyone went back to their own businesses after that. Some fumbled with their phones, and some went on to jobs.

I started fumbling with my phone after awhile out of boredom. My phone suddenly beeped, and I was curious.

≈≈

From: Unregistered Number

hu!

≈≈

Who is this? Probably someone who needed a textmate? And maybe this person wanted to say “hi” instead of “hu”.

≈≈

To: Unregistered Number

uh, hi? who are you?