Wrong Number - 7

Wrong Number – Chapter 7

⭐Lucy⭐

“I’m... here.” I breathed out. Then and there, spiky pink hair filled my vision. I gasped, realizing who it is. “Natsu.”

“Lucy.” We said at the same time. He just stood there, staring at me and I sat there, staring back at him with wide eyes.

Wait. Flashback.

Mr. N.

Awesome guild.

Wrong spellings.

Love for teammate.

Teammate: Lucy.

But let’s not forget that he likes Lucy.

I liked him.

Oh, what have I gotten myself into?

☎☎

“At least you’ve paid the rent!” Happy exclaims, completely oblivious to the event that had happened earlier. Well I’m not planning on telling him either. I just hope that Natsu will keep his mouth shut. He’s been doing it since earlier but Happy just kept on talking, but there’s something weird. Yeah. Carla. He never mentioned the name Carla today.

“What happened?” His once opened mouth closed when I asked him the question. “Something’s wrong with you today. You’ve already told us the different kinds of fish, but you forgot something.” I didn’t dare mention Carla’s name in front of him because he might frown and get quiet on our way home, which was the least thing I wanted at the moment. He knew what I was talking about.

“Nothing’s wrong.”

“Yeah. You think you can fool me?” I crouched and carried him while walking. “You can come to me for your problem.” I accidentally looked at Natsu—who was giving me secret glances—so I added, “To us.” According to my peripheral vision, he blushed.

“Ohh, you looove him.” I rolled my eyes to this. He was trying to change the subject. “But yeah, Carla avoids me...”

“Why do you think so?” Natsu spoke after three hours of not speaking. Who knew he could do that?

“I-I don’t know.” Happy said, sighing sadly.

I smiled at him in an encouraging manner. “You should talk to her in every way you can. I’ll be here to cheer you on.” Although Natsu never said anything, Happy nodded. He knew his best friend was there to cheer him on.

☎☎

Three weeks passed, and I still haven’t forgotten about Mr. N which, apparently, was Natsu. It all felt like a dream that lasted for a few hours. Natsu and I acted as if nothing ever happened. The events, the things he told me... all of those were still fresh in my mind.

The question is: Do I even like Natsu? I like Mr. N, but now that I’ve found out that it’s Natsu I’m not so sure.

“We have to get a mission.” I told Erza who was eating her strawberry cake and Gray who sat coolly with no clothes on. I will pay my rent probably next week so I have to go on a mission.

“Why don’t you invite flamebrain? He’s over there, fighting with Elfman on who’s the real man.” Gray jabbed his index finger to Natsu’s direction. I was surprised Natsu and Gray weren’t fighting today.

I almost choked on my saliva at the mention of the idiot. “Meh, I’m tired of seeing his face.” I tried to reason.

Erza eyed me suspiciously. “You say that now? Really? And you’re not supposed to say that, Lucy. Remember, we’re a guild...” She continued lecturing me though I never heard anything important. I stared at Happy who was happily chatting with Carla and Wendy (they’ve made up). Natsu... will I invite him?