Wrong Number - 5

Wrong Number – Chapter 5

⭐Lucy⭐

A week has passed, and everyday was still the same for Fairy Tail. Cellphones, nonsense arguments, flying chairs... nothing has changed since then.

But there was still an event that’s been on my mind for too long. The stranger. He hasn’t texted me ever since that “accidental” day. Team Natsu has been going on several jobs just to make money for daily living, but that person was still on my mind. I was wondering if that person was really someone I know, and if it’s a girl or a boy. I haven’t told anyone about that mysterious person. One more thing. I couldn’t really say if I missed that person texting me. Maybe he or she just left me curious or something.

My cellphone was unused too, since then.

I slowly pulled out the cellphone from my pocket and reread our conversation.

“Lu-chan, you’ve got some weird look on your face.” Levy pointed out. “What’s in your head?”

Quickly, I hid my phone. “Uh, I was just having some games and I lost, that’s all.” She gave me the look that meant she wasn’t believing anything that came out of my mouth. “Cut it out. That’s just it.” She narrowed her eyes at me but then let it slide.

Finally, my subconscious self couldn’t take it anymore. My hands moved on its own and got ready to save the mysterious person’s number.

Mysterious Person... <
**********01

I halted mid-way. Putting a heart after that person’s contact name? Oh no. This is embarrassing. I quickly erased the less than sign.

≈≈

To: Mysterious Person...

hi? happy new year! I don't really know you, but... yeah. happy new year!

≈≈

Should I send this? I’m really hesitating.

“Send it.” Someone wouldn’t really be able to express the surprise on my face. “I’ve known, Lu-chan.” Levy smiled at me teasingly. “If that’s a boy, make him your boyfriend, okay?”

“I don’t know if this is a boy, Levy-chan. But I’ll send this message.”

She rolled her eyes at me. “Okay, go ahead.”

I expected a reply after I sent the message, but nothing came. Maybe this person is a busy one, and just happened to send the message to me accidentally. But really, I waited patiently.

My day ended at the guild with that person not replying.

☎☎

Late at night, I got ready to sleep. My phone beeped. Curious, I peeked at it.

One message from Mysterious Person...

I went from sleepy to ecstatic. My pillow and blanket fell from my bed because my movements were frantic.

≈≈

From: Mysterious Person...

sorry for the late reply and hello there! it’s bin a wile. happy new yeer!

≈≈

To: Mysterious Person...

nah, it’s okay. so how are you?

≈≈

I felt a little awkward, since I was feeling too close. Asking a stranger that I just met “How are you?” is something unusual of me. Everyone says don’t talk to strangers, but technically speaking, he isn’t a stranger anymore seeing that we’ve texted each other already.