Wrong Number - 1

Wrong Number – Chapter 1

⭐Natsu⭐

“Take this!” I yelled as I threw a hard punch at Gray. He winced in pain as I laughed at him. He shot me icy daggers as he got ready to punch me back, but he froze when his phone rang. After pulling it out from his pocket, he narrowed his eyes at the screen. He left me there, still anticipating his punch.

“Oi, where are you going!?” I think he didn’t hear me since he was already talking to someone on the phone. I huffed. What’s with these people? What’s with these phones? People look so hooked up to it. I don’t have anyone to fight anymore since they were all focused on their phones. I got an idea.

After grabbing a random job from the request board, I ran towards Lucy. “Yo, Lucyyyy!!” I halted when I saw her fumbling with her phone.

“Not now, Natsu. I’m busy.” She waved her hand dismissively, like hoping that I’d go away for awhile. I wanted to frown but I just nodded and pouted.

I sat on the counter and talked to Mirajane. “What’s with people today? They’re holding phones ever since last week.” She chuckled at my grumbling and shook her head.

“Well, it’s very useful, that’s why. Don’t you have a phone?”

“I don’t have one. I don’t know how to use it anyway.”

“There’s a manual!” She put down a clean plate. “You should buy one.”

“I don’t have money. I was planning on inviting Lucy to a mission, but it seems like she’s busy. I can’t find Happy, too. I don’t want to go on a job alone. I don’t want to join other teams.”

She sighed and flashed me pitying eyes. “Too bad. You’ll have to wait until our Christmas party comes.” I scowled. The Christmas party would be two weeks away! What would be the best thing to do while waiting for that Christmas party? I wouldn’t have the chance to fight with anyone around because, of course, they’re holding their pesky phones.

“I’d have to go out.” I mumbled to myself as I ran out the guild.

Two hours and twenty minutes later, I found myself in front of Sabertooth. I’d like to have a sparring match with Sting.

“We just fixed this a month ago!” I heard someone groan and I recognized the voice. Rufus.

“Let’s fight.” I smirked at the boy wearing a ridiculous hat as Sting laid down on the ground, wincing in pain. Heh. I never lose.

“Are you implying that I cannot lose to you, young man?” Rufus spoke with a little formality.

“Halt your blabbering ‘cause I’m gonna let what you said come true.”

“Memory magic!” He disappeared in front of me. I looked around and saw him standing in front of their smashed roof.

“I thought he didn’t like to join the fight?” Was the last thing I heard from Yukino before everything went black.

☎☎

I woke up feeling dizzy. This isn’t my room.

I recognized the bed I was in when I smelled the room. Lucy’s room. Why was I here?

“You’re awake.” On the window was Lucy, glaring at me. “Why did you have to go to Sabertooth and ruin their guild? Ugh, I felt so embarrassed when they came to me explaining what happened.”

I scratched the back of my head. “I was bored...” I burst out. I knew that she was going to give me a lecture that was going to last for an hour, which will bore me.