Wrong Number - 6

Wrong Number – Chapter 6

⭐Lucy⭐

“You have a textmate.” Levy mused, and I knew it was supposed to be a question instead of a statement. “And it’s a boy?”

“Yeah.”

She smirked, pushing me lightly. “What did I tell you if it’s a boy?”

“Levy, it’s not the time for that kind of thing. So, here’s the twist. Yesterday, Natsu and Happy came in my house to eat dinner. When they were about to exit my house,—and I was texting the guy that time—something beeped nearby, and I knew it was a cellphone. That happened after I sent the message to that guy.” That time, my breathing became irregular. That beeping somewhere might be accidental and I might be assuming things. Maybe I might be going paranoid as well.

Levy flashed me a blank look. “There’s this little suspicion in my mind that you may not like, but whatever. Since Natsu and Happy were the ones in your house that time, they may be the one texting you. You said you heard it nearby. Still, this is just a suspicion of mine and it’s still unproven.”

What she said already popped in my mind. “If I’m basing it on the misspellings I’m encountering and on how they’re telling me how much they care for their guildmates, that may be true but...” I murmured, and all of a sudden I had an outburst that made Levy jump. “no! I don’t want to accept it. What if it’s my neighbor’s cellphone? They’re not the only one having their cellphones.”

Levy rolled her eyes. “Girl, you gotta accept it. You’ll never hear a beep with that distance. But... it might’ve come from a person passing by.”

She’s right. “That’s just it. We shouldn’t assume things. What I heard was maybe an imagination.”

Levy slammed her fists on the table. “That’s just it!” Levy exclaimed, my other guildmates from other tables looking at us suddenly. I shushed Levy and she sat down grinning. “This is the obvious solution to your question. Why don’t you ask him his name? You’re crazy since you haven’t asked him about that.”

“I never asked since he didn’t do it as well. I’d look like a creeper or stalker if I’m gonna be the first one to inquire.”

“You have a point...” She then chuckled at me. “So you want him to be forever mysterious? If I were you, my curiousness would’ve eaten me away. Don’t wait for too long, ‘kay? Make sure you introduce yourself soon.” Then the bluenette left. She was right. I have no time to waste.

☎☎

≈≈

To: Mysterious But Funny

what’s your name?

≈≈

This message remained unsent for two hours. My reluctance, nervousness, and shyness was to blame. The bed was messy and unpresentable to anyone because of the tossing and turning I did.

“Should I send this?” I questioned myself for the second time.

≈≈

From: Mysterious But Funny

good afternun!

≈≈

Instead of my heart racing in my chest, a laugh escaped my mouth. This guy sure knows how to make my day end good with his spelling.

And ugh. I forgot to get Natsu’s cellphone number, and it’s been two weeks! I’m such an idiot. I’ll ask him when he stops by.

I unintentionally sent the message that I typed two hours ago and I just groaned.