Chapter 10

G lay face down on the bed, his mind blanking out what Nick was doing to him.

Instead it was turning down a self destructive path of self doubt. He knew that M would be able to be saved by Sam. That was a good thing, but yet again he had proved he was not good enough to be truly loved and cared for by lying with Nick. His body's responses betraying the pain that was ripping his heart out.

He had thought this was love when he had done this as a child, he had thought this was love when he had done this with Pete. It was obvious now, he had been wrong, so it can't have been love with Sam.

Sam was his partner, he had trusted him. But Sam had used him the same as the others. He had used him because that's all Callen was good for, being used.

He had been used by men, used by women, used by the system, used by agencies.

He sobbed as he realized he was nothing more than a piece of meat to be used, a thing not a person.

Nick smiled as he felt Callen sob under him, the breaking of the man helping him to completion.

He got up and cleaned himself up.

"G!" He ordered.

Callen looked at him with dead eyes.

"Clean yourself up, Shower and clean up the bed. Wait for me and don't move from this room. If you leave I will hurt not only the boy, but that little woman who took you away from me."

"Hetty?" Callen's voice broke at the word.

"Hetty, she's not as invulnerable as you might think." He took his phone and showed him pictures of Hetty through a scope.

"We can take her out, I have people watching her. You leave the house, she dies. You attack me, She dies. You allow anyone else to hurt me, she dies, it'sall on you boy. Now, do as you were ordered."

"Yes Sir." Callen replied his shoulders slumping, going to do as he was ordered.

Hetty had been the only one, never to use him in the way others had. She was, he thought, what having a mother must be like. He couldn't allow her to be hurt. Not for him.

Nick walked out of the room and went to check on M, the boy wouldn't know his touch again, not until he begged from the lack of it.

After all he had his original prize back. Older, but still pliable.

He didn't care where the others had gone.

He doubted they would come back. Sam had heard what the boys had told him. G was worthless, Sam wouldn't risk his life for him, not now he knew what he had done as a child.

Well, Nick wouldn't and didn't care if G died to save his life.

He looked down at the shivering form of the younger boy, he had gone a bit overboard on the child earlier in his excitement of having G back under his control again.

He felt a sliver of guilt and threw a blanket over the boy. Then he turned and walked out.

"What the hell is taking so long?" Granger asked the patrol officer who had initially taken charge of the scene.

"There is a child in there, we are not planning on going in all guns blazing, this is Bakerfield, not Los Angeles."

"I should hope not, I have a captured federal agent in there as well." He snapped.

Sam was sitting on the edge of the ambulance, a paramedic injecting him with penicillin to counteract the infection raging through him right now.

"I don't think Sam should go in." Granger said quietly to Hetty, "He's been injured, you can see how much pain he's in."