Chapter 11

Slowly he became aware of his surroundings, a beeping, a feeling of safety and warmth, the smell of home.

He relaxed, not wanting to wake up.

He moved as his pillow chuckled.

"You awake brat?" Sam's low voice broke through his drug induced haze.

"Ummm" Callen sighed, feeling content.

Sam chuckled again, "He's going to be fine." he said to someone else in the room.

Callen tensed as he realized he wasn't alone with Sam.

Sam ran his hand through the hair on Callen's head, it was slightly longer than normal and he loved the feel of it.

"Shh Brat, you're safe."

Callen opened his eyes and immediately locked onto Sam's deep brown eyes.

"Where am I?" he asked, his brain felt fuzzy and muddled.

"In hospital, you'll be ok. The drugs are being phased out of your system and the bullet didn't do any damage."

"Bullet? I was shot?" Callen pulled back to look down, wincing as a pain tore through his shoulder.

"Rest Callen, you'll injure yourself again." Kensi said as she sat up in the chair she was occupying near the door.

Callen's eyes widened in horror as he realized the compromising situation himself and Sam were in.

Sam smiled and dropped a kiss on Callen's forehead.

"It's ok." He said, "We are just all glad we have you back."

"I went somewhere?" Callen asked.

Sam laughed, but then stopped when he realized Callen was serious.

"G?"

"What?" Callen winced as he stretched trying to get comfy, Sam moved off the bed laying him gently down.

"Kensi, go find the doctor." Sam said quietly to her. She nodded, her face a look of concern and left the room.

"What's wrong?" Callen asked. He was concerned, for someone who had been shot in the shoulder, he was hurt in all the wrong places. Places he hadn't hurt in for a long, long time. "Sam... What happened?"

Callen shifted in the bed, putting his back against the wall.

"What is the last thing you remember?"

Callen tried to think. "Some guy died, Geoff Wilson? Was there an accident on the way?"

Sam leaned over, kissing Callen on the cheek, "Rest, the doctor will be here soon, he'll check you over."

"Sam?" G growled, not liking the feeling in his gut.

"Rest babe." Sam walked to the door, "I'll be back in a second."

Callen looked down, apart from the bullet wound, there was nothing on his front to explain the pain he felt all over his body, as he moved one of the dressings on his back snagged and he winced in pain. He was sure he had worn a safety belt on the way there, and if there were glass cuts wouldn't they be on his face rather than his back?

He jumped as the phone beside his bed rang, picking it up and answering it, he paled and dropped the phone shaking in shock.

Sam stood outside, grim faced as Hetty walked back to Callen's room.

"Mr. Hanna, What's wrong?" Hetty asked.

"G doesn't remember. None of it, nothing past getting the call from Eric about Wilson."