Chapter 19

The light was blinding as the hood was removed from Callen's head and he found himself in a ornate hotel room.

"So, I assume you are not planning on killing me, it would ruin the rug." Callen quipped at the man standing in front of him.

The man scowled and turned away.

"Who are you?" He asked.

Still no reply. The man walked to the window and looked out of it.

"Where am I?" Callen tried again.

Again the man said nothing, but picked up his phone and sent a text.

"Just tell me what you want?" Callen said, hoping that if he acted innocent enough, they would think they had made a mistake, although his gut told him they had exactly who they were after, "Who are you? Comecsu?" He asked.

The man by the window laughed quietly, but still said nothing.

Slowly Callen started to feel more and more uncomfortable. He had no idea how long it had been since he had been taken. He had at first assumed that it had something to do with that chip in his ear, but no one had asked him anything. The man in the room hadn't spoken to him at all.

He looked at the clock on the mantel in front of him. By his reckoning he had been gone about 5 hours. He could see the sun starting to rise over the city.

He knew Sam would be looking for him, he hoped so, but the others? He didn't know.

Another man in a suit walked in and looked at Callen sat on the chair.

"Why is he tied up, Pyotr?" He asked. "Untie him at once and get him some food."

Anatoli looked kindly at Callen, "I am sorry, they were asked to bring you here, but sometimes.... Help is hard to get." He smiled, spreading his hands in apology. In many ways he reminded Callen of Arkady.

"Who are you?" He asked.

"My name is Anatoli Reznikov, I am your Grandfather." Anatoli said as he took a seat at the table by the window. "Come join me as we breakfast. You must be hungry, I remember my Nikita as a child was always hungry in the mornings."

"Who?" Callen feigned ignorance, which to be honest, while he thought of Owen as the assistant director and not as Nikita Reznikov, it wasn't hard.

Anatoli looked confused, "Your father."

Callen shook his head, "I don't have a father." He said, "As far as I know my mother died when I was five," For a moment Callen stifled a smirk as he replied, "No one has introduced themselves to me as my father."

Anatoli let a moment of annoyance cross his face; he sighed, this would be harder than he thought. He stopped for a moment, thinking, maybe it would be easier.

"I am sorry it has taken us so long to meet, moy vnuk." Anatoli stopped as one of his men came in with a tray full of breakfast foods and two pots of coffee and tea. "Please, sit." Anatoli said again as Callen, who hadn't moved an inch just looked at him.

With a curt nod Callen sat down. After all, he knew from long experience, he should take nourishment while he could. Maybe he could play this to his advantage. Maybe Anatoli wasn't as bad as he had been made out to be.

"So..." Callen sat down and looked at the man, "So... You're my grandfather?" He asked, "Why did you have me kidnapped?"

"Like I have said, I am sorry for the way my men handled it. In the motherland they would have called that an invitation." Anatoli looked at the younger man, "Tell me about yourself?" He asked.