Chapter 12

Sam sat in the small cubicle in the ER, he wasn't sure what hurt the most, his injury or his heart.

What had started out as him giving comfort to a teammate and providing what he needed had, over the years, escalated into love. He still loved Michelle as fiercely as ever, but there was something about Callen. Something about the man that screamed he needed to be loved and nurtured, and his heart had expanded to include his partner.

Hell, his whole family had taken G into their hearts and the thought that Callen wanted space away from them now was killing him.

He lay back as the doctor looked at his wounds.

"You're lucky Agent Hanna, the person who did this was obviously a well practiced sadist. He has avoided and permanent damage and scarring will be minimal, however, I would suggest you and any sexual partner, you have, refrain from any sexual activity for at least six weeks while the burns heal. I will prescribe a topical ointment to help with the healing. Also, I see you are... Well, rather muscular, do you work out a lot?" The doctor asked.

Sam nodded, "I run about ten miles a day, lift weights, swim, spar."

"Well, apart from weight lifting, and only from a bench press I would suggest you refrain from anything that might irritate the scrotum for the same length of time."

He handed him a script for antibiotics. "Take these, finish the course and then make an appointment with your personal physician for a check up after the course is finished." He advised.

Sam nodded, "Thanks Doc." He pulled on his pants and went to find Kensi and Deeks.

Kensi was pacing outside a room as Deeks and Hetty talked to a woman inside.

"You alright?" Sam asked as he saw her bite her lip.

Kensi nodded, "I hope so."

Sam looked worried, "Is Deeks injured? What's going on?" he asked.

"They've found where all the boys, but one came from, they have all been checked by a pediatrician and are being sent to new homes after therapy. But one boy... well, he's not in the system anywhere." Kensi explained.

"Poor kid, what's going to happen to him?" Sam asked.

"Deeks wants to adopt him." Kensi said.

"Seriously?" Sam asked.

Kensi nodded with a smile, "He's a terrific kid, I'm kinda looking forward to being his mom."

"You too?" Sam smiled, "You guys will be great parents."

Kensi grinned, "You'll never guess what his name is?"

Sam cocked his head waiting, "What?"

"Martin." Kensi smiled.

Deeks stood up and shook the woman's hand.

"Thank you." He said, then he wrapped his arms around Hetty, "Thank you." he added again.

"It was young Martin that tipped the scales, He seemed most taken with Ms. Blye and you, Mr. Deeks. He was most insistent that he would only stay with them."

The social worker nodded, "Also with the background you have provided me. I feel you will both be more suitable for the boy. Remember at this stage, guardianship of the boy is temporary, it will be a long time before it is permanent, but I can see it working out."

Deeks smiled and went to the door and opened it, "Kens, she just got off the phone with the judge, we've got temporary custody of Martin."

She ran to cover the space between them and wrapped her arms around his neck. Kissing him deeply she looked back at Sam, "Now you're not the only parent."