Good old times

~Astrid~

I walked through Gobber's shop into Hiccup's work place a soon afternoon. It was dark and cold. The winter snow laid like a carpet over the whole village.

Hiccup had his head in some paperwork his father had made him to do. The desk were full of papers, books and pencils.

I leaned against the wall next to the door.

"Hello there." I smiled.

"Hi, Astrid." He didn't even look up from the work. He just continued the work.

"Aaaah! Come on, Hiccup! Can't you show a bit more enthusiasm for your girlfriend?" I groaned.

He dropped his pencil and turned his face against me. He had a big, overdramatic smile on his face.

"Hello, my sweetest girlfriend! How are you today ?" He said with a sarcastic voice. Then his smile disappeared and he looked at me very serious.

I couldn't do anything but laugh. His face was so funny and kinda cute.

When he saw I started to laugh. He did too. We laughed and laughed. It was no stop. I got stomachache. Hiccup held his hands over his stomach. It seemed like he also got stomachache.

After a long time it finally looked like we were gonna stop, but then we looked at each other and started to laugh again.

Hiccup was the first person to say something;
"Why are we laughing again?"

"I forgot ." I smiled at him.

I was still laughing, but the laughter turned into coughing.

Hiccup raised and sat on his knees in front of me. He placed one of his hands on my knee.

"Are your okay?"

I laid my head at the wall behind me. The coughing did luckily stop fast.

"Yeah." I closed my eyes. "I think so."

I felt a hand stroke over my cheek. It was gentle and comfortable.

I did suddenly remembered why I came. I opened my eyes and stared shocked at Hiccup.

"What's wrong?" His voice showed that he was both confused and scared.

"Your father."

"What about him? " His voice was filled with fear, but I didn't answer.

"Astrid?!"

"He wanted you home for dinner. He invited me too, but he asked me to go and get you first."

Hiccup breathed out.

"Oh Thor. You scared me Astrid. I thought something was wrong."

I smiled.

He looked angrily at me.

"Don't smile."

I smiled even more.

"No." He said while he started to smile too. "Don't smile. I am angry at you. Your forgot the dinner with my dad. The food is probably cold by now." There's were no sense of seriousness left in his voice. He started to laugh.

"I'll get there before you." I said and jumped up from the floor and ran out of the door.

Hiccup were right behind me. He was fast and it didn't take long time for him to reach me. He tackled me and I fell down in the cold snow with Hiccup on the top of me. He threw snowballs at me.

"Stop! Stop'" I screamed as I laughed.

"What do I hear? Is it Astrid Hofferson...what? Giving up?" He teased me.

"Never!" I screamed. I threw snow at him. But it didn't stop him. He places each of his hands in mines and placed them next to my head. One hand on each side. So I couldn't move.

"Hi there." He smiled.

I didn't answer him. I just stared at him angrily.

It made him smile even more.

He leaned in to me. And his lips gently hit mine. A warm feeling started inside of my chest, and it grew out to my whole body.

Gosh.

And that's the story how the Chief of Berk found his son sitting on my lap and kissing me outside his house, with both snow in our hair, and everywhere snow can be found.

I wish it would be like that forever. Him always wants to spend time with me. Him smiling his happily smile at me.

But thing has changed. Days at Berk aren't the same as they were before. Hiccup take the Chief role very serious. Sometimes too serious, I think. He is so focused about working, and he forgets about everything else... and everyone..

I kinda miss him. The old Hiccup...