A chief's best friend

~Through Astrid's eyes~

Me and Hiccup decided to walk up to his house and get some food. We hadn't eaten since breakfast, and it began to get darker. It wasn't before Hiccups suggested it, I realized that I was VERY hungry. My stomach rumbled the whole way up to his house.

Thoothless met us outside the door. He seemed pretty happy to see us... Hiccup walked over to him and patted his head, and told him:

"Yeah I know bud. You're hungry. Me too. Just let me go and get the fish."

We walked in and Thoothless followed us. Hiccup found the basket full of fish and pulled out two fish for us, and gave Thootless the rest of the basket. After that he started to make our fish ready.

"Anything you want me to help you with?" I asked him. I put my big, exaggerated "little-girl-smile" on. It's only Hiccup who gets to see that.

"Uhmm. You can go and get the plates and make the table ready."

"But I can make food re-" I walked towards him, but Hiccup's reaction stopped me.

"NO!"

I looked suprised at him. Why couldn't I make the food? I mean I am a pretty good cook if I may say it myself. I mean: nobody has ever complained...

" Ehmm. I just- You know. I thought mabye..." He smiled awkardly, and scratched his neck.

"Oh Thor, I knew this day will come." He mumbled.

"What?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Nothing!" He said fast.

I crossed my arms.

He sighed opened his mouth, but suddenly the door was opened. Both of us turned our head against the woman who closed the door as she walked inside the house. Hiccup sighed in relief.

"Hi guys." She was soaking wet from the rain outside.

"Hi Valka" I said. Hiccup was unusually quiet. He just followed her with his eyes.

Valka walked over to me, and wishpered in my ear.

"Can I please talk to him alone?"

I nodded and said:

"I have to feed Stormfly." I said it especially to Hiccup. He gave me a "why-are-you-leaving-now?" glare but I gave him my "don't-worry-I'll-be-back-soon" eyes and walked out.

I walked down to the stables and gave Stormfly some chicken. She had a lot of energy left so I took a quick flight around Berk. Both so she could use a little extra energy before bedtime (so she would fall asleep faster), and I coul check that everything was fine. The village was peaceful. Or so peaceful a village filled with wild Vikings and fire sprouting dragons can become... When I was finished I walked up to Hiccup's house again. I knocked on the door and heard a "Come in" from the inside.

Valka sat by the table. She smiled when I came.

"Hiccup is upstairs. You can just walk up."

And I did.

I opened the door slowly. Hiccup was laying in his bed with his hands over his face. I walked over to him and sat by the bed. He was awake but we were just sitting in the silence for a moment.

"My mum told me who the man is." He said, still with a covered face.

"Mmmh?" I replied.

He sat up and looked me straight in the eyes. His face was expressionless.

"He was my dad's best friend."

A/n: Uh? UH?! You like it? I especially liked the part when Hiccup refused Astrid to cook! Haha! Poor Hiccup and poor Astrid! What was your favorite part?

Please vote if you like it and comment if theres something I can improve.