A sleepless sleepover

~Through Hiccup's eyes~
I sat by the bonfire in the dragon training academy. The gang slept over at the academy for Astrid's sake. She refused to sleep another night at her house so she decided to sleep at the academy. The whole gang joined in support. Most of them had been asleep for hours, but I couldn't get a winch. Astrid moved around and stretched her arms in the air. She looked over at me. I smiled warmly at her, but she gave me a sad smile in response.

The stars shined distinctly in the sky. The air was slightly cold, just the way it's used to be this time of the day. Or night...

We walked around the village. Kinda like a patrol. But it was quiet so nothing much to patrol.

I broke the silence with the question that had been on my mind all day.

"What was that all the fuss about your hair this morning?"

She sighed. The gang wouldn't tell me much when Astrid stormed out of the hall. The only thing Snotlout told me, was that she had been insecure about her hair all morning and they tried to cheer her up.

We ended up by the stairs to the great hall. We stopped and sat down on the lowest steps.

"Svein and Anton blew another prank at me." She changed her position so she sat with her back against the wall. I sat right in front of her. "They woke me up by pouring two buckets of icing cold water over me, and afterwards they threw dirt on me. It took me over an hour to wash out the brown color in my hair. But I didn't manage to straight out all of the tangles."

"Woaw..."

"Yep, you can say that again." She scoffed.

"Well I am sorry for the comment I made about your hair. I was just trying to be funny and I didn't think it through..." I looked at her. She shook her head slowly and said.

"No, it's okay. I wasn't exactly what you can call emotional stable." We laughed. Our eyes met. She brushed her bangs away. I grabbed her arms and pulled her closer. A light rose color shone through her skin. I kissed her nose and whispered.

"I don't think you'll ever be emotional stable."

She slapped me across the face. Like really hard.

"Ouch Astrid!" She just laughed. Oh how I loved her laugh. My cheek did still hurt, but I've felt worse pain. Anyhow. It didn't matter. Because she laughed.

Suddenly she stopped. She has a really good hearing, and always surprised me of what she could hear. I waited. She listened. I could tell by her expression that she caught something, but I didn't know what.

A loud crash filled what used to be silence. Both of our heads shit up in the direction of the sound. Astrid's house.

"You got to be kidding me." Said she right before she ran towards the house.