A story to be told

Trough Astrid's eyes

"He was my dad's best friend." He looked seriously at me and waited for a reaction.

I stared at him, with an open mouth. What did he just say? This strange, creepy man and Stoick... were best friends? Hiccups reaction was so confusing. He actually looked sad. But wasn't this good new?

"What?"

"Victor and dad. They were best friends. They were inseparable." I saw a smile spread out on his face. He continued. "They did everything together. Go fishing, hunt dragons. They grew up together. Went on adventures with each inter. Yes they did everything together." I saw the passion in his eyes. I let out a laugh.

"What happened with them? I mean; How come you've never even heard of him?" I asked. I knew something had happened. Victor wouldn't just leave his best friend. Would he?

Hiccup's face fell a bit.

"Dad and Vitcor met my mum. The three of them became close friends. The boys learned mum everything they knew about anything. And dad... He fell completely for her." He shock his head and smiled a bit for himself. After a little while his smile dissapered. He looked down at the floor. "But he wasn't the only one who did."

oh.

OH!

"She chose Stoick over Victor." I said quitely. He looked at me, and nodded.

"Victor didn't take it so good. He felt betrayed, hurt and mad.... Oooh yes, he was mad... They fought and argued. It was..." He searched for the right word. "...awful."

He told me the rest of the story. How Victor couldn't stand seeing Stoick and Valka together, so he ran away. They were just young lads. And he ran away. He said he would never come back until the had broke up.

The creepy thing is... Victor is back now. Only months after Stoick past away. So technically... Aren't they together anymore. I am not sure if it's an accident or on purpose he came right now. But it's creepy anyway.

He had been on traveling since then. Seen more countries than we knew existed. And after the fight with Draco, rumors told him that something had happened to Berk. So he came here with the fastest route: Trader Johan. Just without telling Johan... He wasn't sure if Berk was safe so he wanted to come quietly.

That kinda explains it. But I was still not so sure.

It wasn't before he recognized Valkas eyes in Hiccups, he actually understood how long he had been gone.

"So. What happens next? What are we going to do with him?" I asked him. I moved closer so our arms touched. He looked down at the floor.

"I don't know. I guess we have to let him stay. After all, he is a berkian. And he's a good friend of mum. " He thought a little second. I could see that it was he wasn't sure about telling me something.

"And after mum, he is the closest I have to dad." I knew it hurt him to talk about his dad. And I could see he had a hard time talking about it.

"I mean. I have Gobber, but you know... He is being Gobber." He said and stretched his neck. I smiled at him and nodded. I understood.

He turned his head and faced me. "I think he'll be good here. He can help me with the chief jobs and if you need help at the academy he'll help you. If my mum trust him, I want to trust him. What do you say?"

I moved closer to him. It was quiet. And for a little moment I felt peace. No worries. No stress. No work. No people. Only Hiccup and me. "I think it sounds great, Chief." I smiled.

He came even closer. "Yeah? You think so?" He asked and started to smile. The heat from his face stroke over my skin. It tickled me.

"Mmmh." His lips were millimeters from mine. Gosh. It's been a long time since I felt it like last.

A rumbling broke our moment. I looked down at my stomach. Ohhh I was so hungry! My eyes met Hiccups. He was trying his best to not laugh. Trying...

I felt my cheeks became hot. I smiled. He smiled. And at this point. That's all what matters.

A/n: What do you think about the backstory about Victor?

Leave a comment and please don't forget to vote!